Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Time to Run

Bittersweet is the best way to describe my last days of student teaching.  The kids were awesome and I happily ate entirely too much food the last two days of school.  I'm going to miss my cooperating teacher, she is a gem.  The good news, I only have one more class to go (tomorrow night) and then I'm officially done with school.  To celebrate I went shopping and finally got a RunningSkirts running skirt (thank goodness for their clearance sale):
Saturday morning I was up early to enjoy a short run on the treadmill before heading off to work.  The skirt was only fine, but it pulled in places it should not (my bum) and was loose in places it should not be (my waist).  I'm not sure what the huge deal is with these skirts.  Maybe my mind will change when I can wear it outdoors next spring.

This morning was supposed to be the first of five Winter Series Races.  While the midwest was getting dumped on our temps dropped and the rain turned to sleet and everything was frozen at my house this morning.  I am willing to run when it is cold and over icy patches (at a slow pace) and I'll even run when it is raining.  I will not drive on icy roads unless absolutely necessary so I missed my 15K this morning and ran on the treadmill instead.  To make it even easier to decide whether to stay home or to go was the fact that at 10am it was ~35F and raining; I've had some version of a cold for seven weeks and running in the rainy cold weather would not have helped me get better.  I did not make it all 15K, but considering I've done next to no running for the past seven weeks I'm happy with my 8 miler.

There are four more Winter Series Races, next up is the Hangover Half on 1/1/11.  I hope to be ready to run a S.L.O.W. half to start the new year.

15 comments:

Teamarcia said...

Congrats on the end of student teaching--bittersweet for sure.
Sorry the skirt isn't all you'd hoped for. Maybe it'll behave better in spring! Sure is cute though!

The Jogger Blogger said...

Cute skirt! Maybe you will get used to its quirks. I would love to try one out one day.

Congrats on finishing up student teaching and no more CLASSES! I remember what a great feeling that is!

Karen said...

Sorry about the skirt! :0( I love all of mine! It's really cute!!

Yay for finishing up with student teaching! Great job!!! :0)

Aimee said...

Yay for being done with school (almost)!! That is awesome!!

Um...staying home instead of running in 35 degrees with rain sounds like a great idea to me! Brrr!!!

Karen R said...

Yay! You are almost done with school :)

I really like those running skirts (that brand) but have never tried it on. Interesting little review. I took note!

Christi said...

Cute skirt and I think you made the right decision for the race!

Darlene said...

I agree about the race - there will be others. I have one skirt and I love it.

Black Knight said...

Sorry for the skirt. I don't like the dreadmill but sometimes we must run on it. Indeed the last time I used it was in China but there I didn't know the streets.
Anyway I agree about the race too.

Molly said...

I'll bet you'll like it more in the summer, I think sweat has a lot to do with how it fits.

Caroline - Wanna Be Iron Mommy said...

I don't own any running skirts. I want to try one, but have resisted.

My rules are as follows when it comes to running and weather:
I will run in the cold
I will run in the rain/snow
I will run in the dark

I will run with two of the above conditions, but never with all three.

Cynthia O'H said...

You may need to size down in the skirt. A loose waist is not good.

Glad you finished your student teaching. Now it's off to the races:)

onelittletrigirl said...

I love my skirts!! But you do need a really good fit! Congrats on finishing your student teaching :)

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Finally someone who has the same issues with Running Skirt skirts! I thought I was the only person shaped this way because everyone else seems to have a Running Skirt kind of body. My skirts fall down at the waist and "hug" at my bottom.

p.s. From my post on dishes. I believe that someone (kids) stole the dishes from a yardsale and proceeded to throw them out their car window at trees and poles while they drove our rural road. They were obviously not a good shoot to have many end up unbroken. However, in picking them up I noticed that there is quite a bit of litter that could be gathered. (In PA we have adopt a highway areas that we clean) So we will be pulling together a similar event in VA. Maybe followed by a nice get together for all the neighbors to mingle.

kizzy said...

love that cute skirt..it looks good on you.
--I prefer running without shoes. My toes didn't get cold. Besides, if I'm in front from the start, no one can step on them. ~Michelle Dekkers - mountain hardwear

Badgergirl said...

Congrats on finishing up school! And cute skirt. I hope you like it better when you can run outdoors in it.