Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

MileageGoal Met!

Thanks for all the well wishes on making it to 1,000 miles!  A couple more runs and I have now met my 2010 mileage goal:  1,010 miles!  Yippy Skippy!!

in my driveway waiting for my garmin to connect
This morning I was all alone in the house, exe pt Maddie, who never leaves without us.  Bugs had been home the last couple days with a fever, so today was the first day I was alone in a while.  Of course I had a run on the "schedule" for today.  I headed out in the nice 27F with a north breeze.  I went out and did a comfortable 2.4 miles and then stopped home to pick Maddie up.  She finished the last 1.2 miles with me.  Talk about a happy girl.  During my run I hit my goal.

I was running from this direction to my goal
Here I stand at the spot where garmin "chimed" the magical number (1.9 mi) needed to make my 2010 mileage 1,010

goal accomplished...now to keep on running

I did it!
I also learned that as much as the blue coat kept the wind from going through me, I cannot wear it when running very often.  When I got home and I took the coat off the inside was covered in moisture (a.k.a. sweat) and the outside was dry so it isn't a good running coat.

14 comments:

Aimee said...

Woohoo! Yay for reaching 2010 miles! That is awesome!!

I hope you have a great Christmas! :)

ajh said...

Congrats on meeting your goal.

The Jogger Blogger said...

What an accomplishment! Way to go on reaching your goal!

MomRunningFromCancer said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Bet it feels wonderful.

As of today - I am 18 miles shy of 1,000. So close - I am very excited!

Great Christmas present to yourself! YOU DID IT!

Jenn said...

Awesome! Congrats! I love the Lululemon beanie. I am addicted to that store!!

Meg said...

yippy, skippy-cutest phrase I've heard all day!
Nice job on your goal, what's next??
Hope you're enjoying your break!!

Cynthia O'H said...

Congrats on reaching your 1000!

Heidi said...

Congratulations! My goal this year was 1000 miles but I've fallen injured an am going to be a little short. Currently sitting at 940 and hoping to get a few more in before year end. You did awesome! Love your snow too by the way.

Kathy said...

Gigantic leaps and bounds of joy!! Congrats and AWESOME work!! So proud of you :D

Courtney @ I CAN DO THIS said...

Congratulations! Such an awesome accomplishment!

Hillbilly Betty said...

Congrats on hitting your goal! That is terrific! You've inspired me to finally sit down and figure up a mileage goal of my own for next year.

Christi said...

Awesome job Suzy!

Darlene said...

Congrats on reaching your goal - even with student teaching, you did it - that's impressive!

Black Knight said...

You did it, congrats. Beautiful sunglasses!