Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

4.26 miles to go

I passed the 1,000 mile mark today which means I only have 4.26 miles to go to reach my 1010 mile goal for 2010.  WOW!  This is the first time I've ever surpassed 1,000 in a year.  I did not take my camera with me today, but tomorrow I'll head out and take a picture at what I will forever call my 1,000 mile tree.  I'll post the picture, don't worry!

Today was my trial run.  My goal was to run 10-12 miles to see if I can pull off running the Hangover Half on 1/1/11.  I did it!  I made it 10 miles and was just too cold to keep going so I walked the last 1.65 miles home.  I was never far from my house so for a change I did not take my phone, but I was really wishing for my phone at the 10 mile marker because I would have called ADP to pick me up.  Instead, I booked it and walked the rest of the way home at (according to Garmin) a 12:22/mi pace.  Like I said, I was cold!

About being cold...  I was dressed just fine for the day and then the sun dipped behind the trees and I got cold.  Not only did I get cold, I had not run outdoors since before Thanksgiving so some muscles were working when they weren't used to so I just gave up at mile 10.  I am OK with the run.  I am surprised at how well it went considering I have not really had a long run outside in so long.

I leave you with this thought for tonight (even though I know we are underdogs):
GO PACKERS!!!

18 comments:

J said...

Congrats on going over 1000 miles! That is an awesome accomplishment!! I always overdress for winter and usually it pays off, but usually I just end up being a hot sweaty mess by the end.

Manderz said...

I'm so impressed with 1000+ miles. It was cold today. I started out ok and then a few miles in the sun was going down and I got colder & colder!

Aimee said...

Yay for reaching the 1000M mark! That's awesome! Good job with your long run too! It's amazing how much the temperature drops when the sun goes down! Brrr!

MomRunningFromCancer said...

Congrat's on passing 1000 - 1010 is so close. I am 24 miles from 1000 and very excited to make it.

Surprisingly the Packers are doing pretty well even without Rogers. We can hope that it continues.

Way to run 10 miles. Hangover Half sounds like fun - except if it is actually run with a hangover. I am contemplating a New years day run - I will have to see.

Have a very Merry Christmas.

Karen R said...

Very cool! I'm so happy for you hitting that goal! :)

Ewa said...

Congrats on 1000.
I used to leave my phone at home for longer runs just so I wouldn't be tempted to call for a ride. :)

Kathy said...

You rock it girl!!! Nice work!!! :D

Judi said...

Congratulations on reaching your 1000 mile goal! I am excited to get there too and it is going to happen very soon!

Thanks for cheering me on. Hope you get your Christmas shopping done! :)

Katie H said...

Congrats Suzy! That is such an amazing accomplishment. I don't know how you do it!

Black Knight said...

1000 ml = 1610 km!!! Congrats.
I never bring my phone with me but sometimes I miss it: only for work purposes; I worry when I see a ship on the sea when it would have to be berthed.
Merry Christmas.

The Happy Runner said...

Way to go! 1000 is awesome.

Darlene said...

Congrats on logging 1000 miles!!! I ran yesterday too and it was nice at first but then when I was sweaty, I got really chilled!!

Sherri said...

Awesome JOB!!!!

Paige said...

Holy awesome!! That's amazing:)Great job!

mindysmarathon said...

Congrats on the mileage!

Badgergirl said...

Congrats on the mileage!

And the Packers? So close Sunday night! But good news. Aaron Rodgers has been medically cleared to play this weekend!

Molly said...

congrats!! very, very cool. : )

Jim Weatherly said...

Congrats on your running success this year - keep up the great work!
Jim Weatherly