Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Yoga Gear Review

America's Nutrition, a US company based in the midwest, contacted me to see if I wanted to do a review of any of their products.  I took a gander at their site and I was drawn to the yoga gear they have available.  While what I write about most on here is running, I do a variety of yoga moves after running to help stretch and strengthen my body.

The ZenZu Ball that arrived was perfect!  I have an stability ball from Target but I have to fill it up weekly because it kept losing air so I was interested to see how the ZenZu Ball would do.  My ball from Target is also flimsy.  I will admit that I did not use the hand pump that came with the ball, instead I used a low flow air compressor.  I filled it up and refilled it about two days later once the creases flattened out.  I haven't had to fill it again!  The ball also came with a little tool to help get the plug out so it is much easier to fill up.  The ball is perfect.  The ball came with a sheet of additional strengthening exercises that can be done with the ball.  I haven't tried them all, but the exercises I have done are working well at strengthening my arms, legs, and core.  The ball is available for $24.99 from Americas Nutrition and worth every penny!
America's Nutrition also sent me a Premium Yoga Mat by Zenzation.  You have no idea how much easier doing a mountain climber stretch is when you have a yoga mat!  One of the main stretches in the mountain climber is downward dog.  My hands no longer slip here and there!  Another benefit is that the mat is 1/4" thick.  I do most of my exercising in my basement on the poured cement floor and the 1/4" thickness is a life saver.  It is enough cushioning so that I am not hurting after I do my stretching and strengthening.  The dimensions and other details of the mat can be found here.  I have not taken the mat to a yoga class yet because of my current student teaching schedule, but I plan on trying it out as soon as I can.  This yoga mat can be purchased for $23.99 from Americas Nutrition.

I recommend you try out their site and if you have questions contact them.  They were very helpful when I was deciding what to try and always answered my questions in a timely manner.

*America's Nutrition provided these products to me free of charge.  The opinions are mine and mine alone.  

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Nice review! Those look like great products!

Cynthia O'H said...

Thanks for this. I keep telling myself that I need yoga to stretch out; this was a gentle reminder.

Julie said...

I want that ZenZu ball!!! I bet it would work great for working on my abs:) Nice review Suzy!

sfauthor said...

Nice posting. Do you know about these hatha yoga books?

http://www.yogavidya.com/freepdfs.html