Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Three Things Thursday, 11.11


  1. Student teaching is wonderful, but I am behind on a lot of things.  I cleaned my pile of magazines off last night and recycled those I knew I wouldn't read.  What was I left with?  3 issues of Runner's World and 3 issues of Real Simple.  I am one of those people who devours Runner's World the day it arrives in my mailbox and I haven't read it in THREE months!  Maybe this weekend I'll try to carve out some time to read one.
  2. I ran again this morning.  I was not pain free.  Most of the pain was in my head.  Thankfully, between my run and typing this I made it to the doctor and am now on a course of abx for a sinus infection.  Now if the headache would go away I'd be a whole lot happier.  :)
  3. I've decided to take credit for ADP's weekend running habits.  Once upon a time it was ADP who got me to go to the gym on a regular basis.  Until earlier this summer ADP would run on the weekends, but he'd only run when it was warm and usually about 3.5 miles.  Since agreeing to run the half marathon with me on 10.10.10 he's realized that he likes running longer than 3 miles and he likes the cooler weather.  He runs every weekend and while I don't know how far he goes, I'm guessing around 6-7 miles based on the short amount of time he's gone.  I'm taking credit for his new found love of longer distances.  I'm a good wife for taking credit, right?!

9 comments:

Christi said...

Yes, you are an awesome wife so the credit should be yours!

Jill said...

You're the BEST wife - make sure he knows that at xmas - with something nice for running, perhaps! :)

shellyrm aka jogging stroller mama said...

What a great thing to take credit for!

Ouch! Everyone has some sort of cold issue going on. I hope the meds help.

I have piles of magazines that I wonder if I will ever get read! Good Luck reading over the weekend.

Java Joggers said...

Real Simple and Runner's World... along with Cooking Light, those are my favorite magazines!

Ewa said...

Of course you deserve all the credit and I hope he knows how much he owes you. Maybe he could take over all the weekend chores so you can read your RW?

Jenn said...

You ARE a good wife for taking credit! Yuck on the sinus infection. Hope that clears up quick! Healing vibes your way!!

chris mcpeake said...

take the credit .. you deserve it

Karen R said...

Of course his new running habits are because of you. You are the "better half", right? :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Cynthia O'H said...

You've got to take credit when credit is due!

School and running are a tough blend. With time, it will come together.