Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Maddie, Miles, and More

Maddie was heartbroken that I did not take her running this weekend.  I had a long weekend because of Thanksgiving, so I took advantage of being home and ran four of five days.  I did all my running on my treadmill, so today when we went outside Maddie did her running in the yard.
one happy pup!
I think I am done running in November.  Once again, not a great mileage month, but I did better than October so I am happy.  I finished the month with 58.38 miles in a total of 10 days.  Here is what 2010 looks like as of today.
so very, very close to my 1010 mile goal
And more...  Thank you for the well wishes.  My solo week started well and continues for three more days this week.  It is so hard to believe that my journey to get my master's degree is almost done.  Yes, you will read more and more about this over the next few weeks as graduation approaches.  I have been working toward this for almost four years and it is huge for me.  When my student teaching is all done, in two more weeks, I will have more time to run.  The one thing I have not liked about student teaching is how little time I have to run.  I was running six days a week over the summer and now I only run two days a week.  It has been hard physically and emotionally.  I can't wait to get back out there more often!!  Until then, my blogging remains minimal.

It is Sunday afternoon so I will leave you with this thought:  GO PACKERS!!

15 comments:

Black Knight said...

Four of five days on the "dreadmill" is real love for running.
94 km. in 10 days is a very god mileage.
Go for the master's degree and the mileage goal, brava!

J said...

Great job on the month of running! You are almost to 1000 miles!

ajh said...

Congrats on the almost done solo week! Wow! Any leads on a job or is it too soon?

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

I hear ya...it was so hard to fit in quality workouts during student teaching. Love the pie chart, you are AWESOME!

hungryrunnergirl.com

ajh said...

Watch for maternity leaves etc. as I am sure you are doing. Lots of people in my building have gotten permanent jobs that way. In fact I got mine from a leave.

Aimee said...

Congrats on your mileage! Woohoo!

Karen R said...

Nice job on the miles this month!

And congrats on being so close to finishing your Master's!

Karen said...

Way to go!! :0)
So sorry about the Packers loss. We were rooting for them, too! (We're Saints fans! lol)

Molly said...

High Five on the mileage!

Maggie is a cutie.

Kathy said...

WAY TO GO!!! So proud of you! You rocked it Maggie, 1000 is just around the corner :)

Kathy said...

ps! looking forward to following your adventures :)

Staci Dombroski said...

Way to go on the Master's degree! I remember how excited I was to finish that!!! I hope you have a great week ;)

onelittletrigirl said...

I feel for Maddie...running outside is WAY better than the dreadmill :)

You are going to feel so free when your Masters is all done!

Shellyrm said...

Wow, almost done with your masters! congrats. And you are within striking distance of your running goal.

mjancosek said...

Great to see people still running in the colder season. I prefer to run in the cold (less people) hahaha! Anyway I like to share a good site that sells Disposable Jackets. They are VERY warm for being as light as they are. They are called sheddable shells, take a look at them. Look at their testimonials while you are there too.

Sheddable Shell - disposable marathon clothing