Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

37F Degrees?

What happened to nice October weather?  I just checked the weather on Saturday night and the low is 37F.  Ummm, our half marathon is this Sunday morning and I was planning on wearing shorts/shirt, but I think I'm going to need to rethink my choices.  The race starts at 8:30, so hopefully it will warm up a little...but since the high is only 58F I am not counting on much warmth.

How far away is Sunday?  Seriously, I have enough going on that I would have to count on my fingers or go find a calendar to figure it out.  I know this:  Sunday is race day.

ADP is ready!!  He says he has no expectations.  It is his first half marathon, so I respect his statement and feelings.  Even so, if he treats this race as a training run I bet he would finish in 95 to 97 minutes.  I've seen ADP race and I know him pretty well; my guess is it will take 92 minutes for him to run his first half.

Me...I have goals but none that I am going to share.  I have four goals...pie in the sky, reachable, PR, finish.  I have times in my mind for each of these goals, but only ADP knows what they are.  Think about it, ADP is going to finish in ~1hr 30 min and then have to sit around and wait and wait and wait for me so I figured it would be good for him to know when to expect me at the finish line.  I'll let you know my times and maybe even my goals after the race is all finished.

Now, I'm off to bed so that I can be relatively well rested for race day.

18 comments:

Ewa said...

Hope it warms up.
Good luck on getting the pie in the sky.

Emily said...

37 degrees was the forecast for my marathon last weekend too! But it ended up not being that bad. I layered up for the start but ended up stripping off everything right away. I think the mental fear of the initial cold when the seasons change is much worse than the reality! GOOD LUCK!

J said...

Yeah it has been cold here too! I miss those semi warm and humid mornings! Definitely time to bring out the spandex and under armour!

christina said...

GOOD LUCK! My first half is the following saturday and Im beyond nervous... I want to not only finish but I want to run the entire thing. That is my one and only goal for my first long race. Hoping for under 2:30 but we will see. I average a 10 min mile.

Im getting alittle nervous about the weather too - not so worried if its cold... just dont want rain! It has rained and rained and rained in Maryland... sick of it!

Christina

http://last-weight-loss-journey.blogspot.com/

Jill said...

It is still pretty warm here in Denver...I figure at this rate, we'll have snow before we have autumn. Take deep breaths, Sunday will be here before you know it. Have a blast...and run your heart out!! :)

Running Diva Mom said...

sounds like the same exact forecast for my marathon this past weekend ... and let me tell you ... it was PERFECT! I wore short sleeves and a long sleeve tech top. Could've done with a short sleeve top and still been comfortable after we were 1/2 mile in. Hope it is just as nice for you. You'll do great!! rock it girly!

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

Brrr! I'm always torn with what to wear b/c race starts are always cold, but I warm up so fast! Good luck figuring it out! And, good luck with your goals! You are going to do great!

Christi said...

Good luck!

mindysmarathon said...

You are going to do great! Try to keep warm, and good luck!

onelittletrigirl said...

Good luck- I know you will be great!!!!

Alan Dent said...

Hope you hit your pie in the sky target and weather is kind to you- Good Luck

Julie said...

Hi Suzy,
I would still wear shorts. The morning of the TC marathon it was 40 degrees at the start and we warmed up fast....when you are running 50 to 58 degrees feels wonderful.

Good luck to you and your hubby!

nickisnook.net said...

I know a lot of people running this half. You will be fine. It was 40F prior to start of Wineglass on this past Sunday and most of the runners were in shorts. They did shed upper layers along the route but no one that I know complained about legs being cold.

Good luck!!!

Katie H said...

Noooooo... it CAN'T be that cold! I am hoping it will warm up :) What time are you going to the expo? Maybe I'll see you there :)

Molly said...

Good luck this weekend! I think it's going to warm up a bit, have fun!!!!

Tricia said...

have fun!

Badgergirl said...

Hopefully the weatherman was wrong and it will be a bit warmer on Sunday morning for you! Good luck this weekend to both you and ADP!

Giorgio said...

Nice running blog! Thanks for reading my blog and leaving comment on Saturday, September 11, 2010. I wrote a post about How much salt should runners ingest.

Have nice running weekend!

P.S.: I'm running a 10 km race on Sunday.