I did not get all my runs in, but we are going through a huge adjustment so I am not beating myself up over it at all! I will wait another week before mentally lashing myself if I'm not back in the groove by then.
I pushed Thursday's run to Friday morning and did 80% of it. Thankfully my own kids did not have to be anywhere early (a.k.a. the bus) that morning because we were running about 10 minutes behind. I may have to get up even earlier to get my weekday running in.
This morning I set a new DISTANCE record! If this morning would have been a race I also would have set a half-marathon PR as well. Woo hoo for me. I met up with the running group again and did pretty well. I stuck with them for the first 4.6 miles and did the last ~4 with them as well. The middle miles, well I just didn't want to run up another hill so I turned around early and had some much needed solo miles. Surprisingly enough, I did not think about school, homework, or anything related to what I have going on...I just enjoyed the views, watching nature, and listening to my footfalls. I think those middle miles will keep me going through the next week.
For some unknown reason I reset my garmin after 12.01 miles. I have no idea why, but I did. So...
- Training plan: 14 miles at 10:15/mi
- Personal goal: finish more than 13.1 (for a new distance)
- Total miles today: 13.88!!!
- First 12.01 miles: 1:59:35 for an average of 9:57/mi (oops...a bit faster than planned)
- Last 1.87 miles: 19:42 for an average of 10:34/mi
- 13.1 miles in 2:10:39 (previous time of 2:14:48...over 4 minutes faster today)
- Splits: 10:07, 10:03, 10:01: 10:45, 10:02 (split from the group during this mile), 9:49, 9:46, 9:39, 9:36, 9:26, 10:03 (joined the group again), 10:03, 10:08, 10:??
I do not know what this week will bring. I do know I will try to be better about getting around to blogs. I am way behind on my reading, so I apologize for my commenting absence. I know that your comments help keep me going and I appreciate them so. I will try to return the favor as time allows.