Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Two for Tuesday


  1. Keeping it simple today.  I ran both yesterday and today!  I'm finally getting back to my Monday morning runs and I know once I catch up on my sleep it will make a big difference.  I had my long run on Sunday so I did a slow three miles on Monday.  It was rough going at times, but I made it work.  This morning I ended up with 5.95 miles (1 mile warm up, 6 x 800 (.15 mi RI), 1+ mile cool).  You may wonder why I didn't do another .05 miles.  It is because I like ending my treadmill runs by time and not by distance.  Tonight I head back to No Boundaries to help mentor the new runners.  They are up to 1.5 miles tonight!  I can't wait to see how they do with the extra .25 mile added on.
  2. This weekend was an interesting one for us.  When summer break started I had a chat with the kids asking what they wanted to do this summer.  High on Bugs' list was taking ADP bowling.  We finally made it to the bowling alley on Friday night.  I suck at bowling, but the kids were having fun until...
...Punky fell and her bowling ball landed on her thumb.  Friday night's take:  one pizza, bowling one game, one broken thumb.  It was not how I hoped the evening would go, but we are dealing with it.  Thankfully, young kids are resilient and the break is not causing any pain so it is life as normal in our house.

15 comments:

Emz said...

....and one seemingly very happy child. ;)

gmontalvo13 said...

aw, now she will have a story to tell going back to school :)
wishing for a speedy recovery!

J said...

Oh no - hope she continues to heal and doesn't have any pain! great job on the running!!

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

Aww...poor thing! Her classmates probably think it's cool! :)

Heather said...

she is so cute. I hope she heals quickly and continues to feel fine.

Molly said...

ouch! poor thing! Hope she's better soon!

P said...

Well, on the plus side, she didn't break a bone at the beginning of summer and have to miss out on swimming and other fun stuff. Glad she's not in pain!

mindysmarathon said...

Ouch! Hope she heals up quickly!

ajh said...

She certainly looks like a good sport!

ajh said...

She certainly looks like a good sport!

BTW I fell off the treadway once when it was fully light in the room which is why the dark theatre makes me nervous. I was talking to the person next to me. i guess I can't do two things at once!

Zaneta said...

Glad the break isn't causing much pain!! It's never fun when a bone is broken!! :(

Badgergirl said...

Hope Punky's thumb heals quickly!

Katie H said...

Aw, poor Punky. I'm glad she isn't in pain. She is adorable and looks just like you!

Jill said...

Oh no, poor Punky...most likely, she'll think it's pretty cool, at least or a couple days until it becomes old news. Hope it heals fast for her. Great job on the runs, girl...you are jut cranking them out - yay!! ((hugs))

Karen R said...

broken thumb? poor thing! I like taking my 6 year bowling - kids love the atmosphere :)

BTW - I love the new blog layout!