Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Oops

source
Yesterday I had a double planned:  speed work in the morning and mentoring at No Boundaries in the evening.  I got caught up in The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest so instead of running on Tuesday morning I got an extra hour of reading done.  Needless to say, I finished the book yesterday.  It was a great wrap-up to the series and well worth the read.

Last night I made it to No Boundaries after having missed last week.  We did a run/walk for 1.25 miles.  The group I was with was doing great so we did a longer run/shorter walk than was scheduled.  They finished all 1.25 miles with gusto and are looking forward to going farther.

Instead of having ~6.5 miles for the day, I had 1.25.  Better than nothing, but still an oops.
quick picture before leaving the parking lot
When No Boundaries was finished I hopped in my car, snapped a quick picture and headed to the YMCA 5K that was being held nearby.  I knew I was not going to be there to run the race, but some friends were running and I was there to cheer them on as they crossed the finish line. It was fun seeing all the runners come in, but I was longing to join in.  I ended up seeing quite a few people I knew last night, some I hadn't seen in a while and some I see quite often.  It reminded me I should probably get out more often.  When the race is done I went out to Moe's with Melissa and Katie.  It was wonderful to have a night out!  Thanks ladies.

When I got home last night I turned on my alarm, set out my running things (just like usual) and then crashed.  This morning I woke up almost 90 minutes after my alarm had gone off.  Oops, missed my run again.  I'm not going to loose any sleep over missing my run or my make up run.  I just hope that third time is the charm because I have 7 miles on tap for tomorrow morning and I really need to go for a run after last night's filling dinner.

12 comments:

Java Joggers said...

Hmmm... still haven't read the first of those books. Now I really want to! B&N, here I come!

mindysmarathon said...

Love this comment, "I'm not going to loose any sleep over missing my run or my make up run." Great attitude! Hope that 7 miler goes well!

Lindsey said...

I'm on the second book in that series and really like the books so far. Have you seen the movie of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo? It's subtitled, but I enjoyed. I found it at our local redbox.

Great attitude on the missed runs - sounds like you needed the sleep!

Teamarcia said...

I couldn't tell you the last time I actually finished a book!

Katie H said...

Great pic! Red is definitely your color. I wish I could say the same.

It was so great to meet up with you! Dinner was quite filling but that didn't stop me from having a beer when I got home :)

J said...

Books can be so addicting like that!! Hope you are able to your workout in tomorrow!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Mentoring is such a good thing to do!

No worries on the missed runs - it happens. Have a great 7!

Tricia said...

hope the 7miler is awesome!

Julie said...

Hi Suzy,
That is such a great picture of you...look at your gorgeous smile:)

Good luck with your seven miler! I have to do something close to that too:)

MomRunningFromCancer said...

Obvioulsy you needed your sleep. ;-)

Hope your 7 goes well. I had 7 planned for today - but I got out there a little late - had to stop and chat with my neighbor, which put me even further behind. I still managed to get 5 miles in. Happy with it and it felt great. ;-) I love it when a run feels great and you feel like you could have run soooo much further - who knows maybe if I had run further - I wouldn't have felt great. Sometimes feeling great is GREAT!

Cynthia O'H said...

Rest and sleep are important. Take it when you can. You'll run much better the next time out.

JenLo said...

I did the Couch to 5K with a group of girls and we just had their first 5K! It was so exciting to support somebody start their running!

No sweat over the missed run--you probably needed the extra down time.