Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

I Need Sunglasses


  1. I always run with my sunglasses on when I am outside!  It doesn't matter if it is cloudy, sunny, light or dark out.  The problem is my current sunglasses are breaking.  I hope to get a couple more months out of them, but I really need to think about replacing them.  So, if you were going to get new running sunglasses on a budget, what would you buy?
  2. I did not run this morning.  I was going to but then I thought about it and I ran 4 times in 5 days so sleep was in order for this morning.  It felt great to sleep 11 hours!  I have to enjoy it now because fall semester (known as my LAST semester before graduating with my masters' to me) starts on Monday.  I don't have to get up early for class on Monday, but I know there will be homework and things I need to do next week so I'm just enjoying my last free Friday.
  3. Punky's room is 95% done.  There are a few things here and there that I need to do in her room sometime, but for the most part the transition from Winnie the Pooh to Princess is complete.  Some of you asked for pictures, so here they are (please remember I am not known for my decorating skills and I caved when she wanted polka dots and princesses whether they matched or not).
first, a different paint color

add in princesses (which you can't see in this picture), polka dots, and other kid things  and the room is practically done

20 comments:

Emz said...

YAY for princess paint!!

Love it.

I love my Oakley's. Got them on eBay for $50 [retail for $219]. YAY!

Emily said...

ME TOO (for the sunglasses) and I lost mine. It's been traumatic. Today I wore a hat but it's so not the same. My old running partner ran with glasses from target that looked fine but I can't speak to the quality...they definitely were cheap. Sometimes REI outlet online has good deals on natives.

Heidi said...

Cute room! I remember when my daughter's room was decorated along those lines. She's since gone lime green and I think the current idea is something like hot pink & black or a chocolate brown or some thing.

Molly said...

great room! For some reason I gravitate towards purple over pink for my girl, so love the color you chose.

Karen R said...

Really cute room!

So funny because that was one of my goals for this week - to start looking at pix to get ideas for my son's room (he is 6).

Great job on the room - I bet she is excited :)

Robyn said...

Looks like the color of my room growing up, I love it! I recommend Ryders to run in. They're a good price and made for sports.

Darlene said...

11 hours of sleep!! WOW! I won some RYders but I have cheaper ones that are lIGHT that I love just as much.

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

What a cute room! With two boys, I will never be able to do a "princess" room...but that's actually totally o-kay with me b/c I am sooo not a girly girl! ha ha!

I got a cheap pair of Ryders Adrenaline glasses and I love them! They are super cute, inexpensive, and don't fall off my face from all of my sweat!

WannabeRunner said...

The room looks great!

I love my under armour glasses.

Julie @ my tiny bookworm said...

Really pretty - that colour looks great!

mommaof3ontherun said...

I like my Ryders a lot. There are a few giveaways right now (including mine that ends tomorrow).

Mark said...

I understand the word budget, but my Oakleys have been the best sunglasses I've ever had! I've had them well over a year and they are as good as new!!

ajh said...

Cute room! She must love it!

Anne said...

First, I'd enter this giveaway which ends tomorrow:

http://mommaof3ontherun.blogspot.com/2010/08/ryders-sunglasses-giveaway.html

Second, Yay for last semester before graduating!!!!

Finally, I love the polka dots :)

Cynthia O'H said...

The room looks great. I have paint waiting for me to do my son's. It's tough to fit in the timing with races (don't want to be sore before) and asthma (I want clear lungs). This week it is going to be done!

Jill said...

That violet color is very pretty! She's a lucky girl!!!! I am partial to my Native sunglasses, I got them at REI...but I'd like some others just to change things up some. :)

La Historiadora de Moda said...

The room looks great! I think polka dots and princesses go together just fine! :)

nickisnook.net said...

Love the room!

On the sunglasses, I have a pair of $15 Ironman brand ones from WalMart that I only wear for running. They are sturdy and have worn well, whether actually on or on my head. My only complaint would be that I would prefer an amber lens to the color of this lens.

JenLo said...

Cute room!! I am very picky about sunglasses because I tend to get a headache when wearing them, but I HAVE to. I also can't wear wrap-arounds because they bump my eyelashes and make my eyes water. I found a cheapo pair of Foster Grants at Rite Aid, and I save them just for running because they are exactly the fit I need, don't slip, etc. I think they cost around $20

Julie said...

Hi Suzy,
I love the bedroom....make over:) Very cute!

I have a pair of Ryder sunglasses that I purchased at the Running Room for $40 and I love them.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!