Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

3 Things Thursday, 8.12


  1. Time is short and three things seems just right today.  I'm counting this as one to make this post even more perfect.
  2. I did a mid-tempo 6 miler this morning.  The pace I was going for is between two mph's on the treadmill so i did 3 miles at the slower and 3 miles at the quicker pace.  The interesting thing about my run this morning is that I got off the treadmill to have a Gu after one mile.  Normally I don't bother with gel if I'm going to be less than an hour, but my stomach was one hungry beast at 5 a.m. this morning and I knew that breakfast wasn't going to be until at least 8:30, so I had a gel.  I made sure to grab one with caffeine for good measure.
  3. I'm off to the great upstairs of our house.  What do I plan after a 6 mile tempo run?  Why, painting of course.  I'm not short, but I do need a ladder to get the top half of the room painted evenly so I'll be going up and down the ladder all morning (and hopefully late afternoon if I can figure how to get both coats on today).  My legs are going to be feeling FINE tomorrow.  It is worth it because Punky is literally jumping up and down next to me waiting for me to go paint her room "Purple Dragon" so I'll sign off now.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Love the Gu with caffeine for breakfast. You're such a runner. I personally can't work out in the morning without having real food like a banana or bagel.

Ewa said...

How about before and after pictures of your painting job?
Who needs a stepper at a gym when one has a ladder. :)

Emz said...

Gu breakfast? WOW - you are a soldier. Don't think I could do that. YAY on the run!!!

onelittletrigirl said...

Painting is FUN!!!!

Jill said...

Oooo, I LOVE purple - I have various shades on my bedroom wall as I try to find the perfect one :). Have a blast!

ajh said...

Pictures of the purple room please. Sounds wonderful!