Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

127 Days

This morning did not work out completely as planned.  I was supposed to meet a friend to run but I did not read my e-mail closely enough so I went to the wrong place (it was too far to get there quickly so we both ran alone).  It was raining out so I did not want to run ten miles outside all alone.  So, I did a quick assessment of where I was, what my options were, and I called ADP to let him know I was headed back to our little corner of the world to go here:
Yes, I have a gym membership.  I was not planning on going to Gold's Gym this morning so I did not have my membership card, ear phones, music or anything of the sort.  When I got there I could not just swipe my card (because it was home in my gym bag) so I signed in with reception.  When I sign in I asked "how long?" out of curiosity.  She knew exactly what I was talking about:  127 days since the last time I had signed in.  I hate wasting money, so I gave myself a mental lashing and then called ADP to thank him for faithfully going to the gym 3x/week to make our membership worth it.

I started on the treadmills upstairs and was very bored by mile 3.  Then I remembered the cardio theater! Oh, how I love the cardio theater.  There was a movie playing that I really didn't want to watch (The Lovely Bones), but without music or even earphones to plug into the treadmill TV upstairs it was my best option.  I found a treadmill in the back row (probably the noisiest treadmill I've ever been on) and promptly changed treadmills and finished out my 10 miles.

When I've mentioned the cardio theater there were some questions so I tried to get some pictures.  Remember the lights are low, as in movie theater low, so the pictures are not great.  I tried though.
theater view from the top row...theater screen top and center
view from the door, next to the screen
Training plan:  10 miles at 10:05 min/mi
Treadmill run:  10.25 miles total (2 mi @ 6.0 mph, 3 mi @ 5.9 mph, 1 mi @ 6.0 mph, 3 mi @ 6.1, 0.75 mi @ 6.0 mph, 0.25 mi @ 7.0 mph, cool off how ever the machine decided I was supposed to cool for 5 mins)

This week:
Mon:  3 easy miles
Tues:  speed work of some sort (800s)
Wed:  rest
Thurs:  tempo run
Fri:  3 easy miles
Sat:  rest
Sun:  12 miles

8 comments:

Cynthia O'H said...

Nicely done. I've been waiting for the rain to pass so that I could get out. Now, I'm waiting for my husband to come home so that I can get out. With my luck, the rain will be here again by the time he does.

Take advantage of the gym membership. They are precious - especially on days like today.

La Historiadora de Moda said...

Great job! I have never been able to run on the treadmill for more than 7 miles because of the mind-numbing boredom -- and that's even with my ipod.

I don't currently have a gym membership, and since I have a treddy, I'll probably stick with that and free weights at home when the weather is crappy.

ajh said...

I haven't been to the gym since early June, maybe longer.. I don't want to know how many days and I am the only one on the membership.

Is it hard to run in the darK?

Karen R said...

The cardio theater looks neat! I can't stand running on the "dreadmill" and since I live in LA, I can almost always run outdoors. But that theater is a great idea.

Happy Sunday to you :)

Java Joggers said...

Now that's dedication to your run! When I used to belong to Gold's, I liked the cardio theater, but was always slightly afraid of falling off the treadmill in the dark :)

Katie H said...

Aw, I'm sorry the meetup didn't work out. The cardio theater looks pretty neat. I haven't been to my gym since the spring!

The Happy Runner said...

Nice job getting back to the gym, and on the 10 miler!

Badgergirl said...

Nice job getting the run done at the gym. I've never run on the treadmill in near dark conditions like that...my luck I'd fall or something.