Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Tempo Run with Lead Legs

This morning I heard my alarm clock (unlike yesterday ...missed my run because I didn't hear my alarm) and managed to drag my tired legs down the stairs for my tempo run.  I did a two mile warm-up and then took a quick break to stretch.  My legs were still leaden even after stretching.  I did get my three mile tempo run in and then cooled off with another easy mile.  It is good to have it done.  I think stretching and rest are in my plans before my long run on Sunday.

Thanks for all the comments about my Wish List.  I'm not 100% sure what I'll get, but I think the belt is topping the list.  I don't like to run without my phone and it would be an easy way to carry my phone, camera (I just know you want to see more pictures of me), and gels when needed.  The book...oh, the book I want so much.  Yes, I have tried the library; they don't have it.  I have it on my waiting list at Paper Back Swap but running books don't come up often.  What's a girl to do when she wants a book and can't easily get it?

Giveaways to check out:
Fox River Socks from Running Diva Mom
Gu Giveaway from Run, Courtney, Run
Stella & Dot girl's bracelet from Penguin's Gift

9 comments:

Teamarcia said...

I've got the lead leg syndrome too lately. Hope it passes quickly for both of us.

Emz said...

YAY for getting out there and doing it. It's on my schedule for today and ---- I just can't seem to find where I've misplaced my bag of motivation. :( ugggggggggg.

Thanks for this post - I think I'll look one more place for it! ;)

J said...

I usually break down and buy the book if I really want it and the lib doesnt have it! Its tough though - I have a hard time spending money on books. I have gone to barnes and Noble and sat and started to read the book I have wanted. If it turns out to be good, I buy it! I am sure you will be glad you purchased the Run Less, Run faster book! I have heard it was good!

Robyn said...

I have a fitness belt but I rarely use it. I love the idea of it, but then whenever I put it and add the camera etc to it, it starts to feel bulky. Could be just me though.

ajh said...

Have you tried Amazon second hand books? Lots of times they are a penny and you pay shipping $4.00.

shellyrm aka jogging stroller mama said...

I hear you on the tired legs!

ajh had a good suggestion for finding your book. Someone shouls start a swap of fitness books amoung the running/fitness bloggers. hint hint ;-)

Katie H said...

I had lead legs yesterday. No fun. That amazon second is a great idea!

The Happy Runner said...

You should be able to request the book through Upper Hudson. It wasn't at my library but I requested it and was able to get it. at least one local library has a copy, if not more.

Cynthia O'H said...

My quads are toast tonight so I know how you're feeling. Tomorrow is another day and, hopefully, with fresher legs.