Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Humidity Didn't Stop Me

This morning I had 9 miles planned.  I knew it wasn't supposed to get very cool over night, so I planned on heading out when the sun was rising so I could avoid wearing any extra layers for visibility.  I was up "early" (which is later than my normal running time but earlier than I want to be up on a weekend) and ready to go in no time.  I had a Montana Huckleberry Hammer Gel with water before heading out the door (YUMMY!!).  Here's the breakdown:

Temperature at start:  72F (normal low is 61F)
Temperature at end:  75F
Humidity:  90%
Miles run:  9.14
Water during run:  40 ounces (not enough)
Stops:  1...needed more water so stopped at home at ~6.2 mi
Goal pace:  10:05
Average pace:  10:05 (WOO HOO)
Splits:  9:40, 9:59, 10:01, 10:06, 10:27, 9:53, 10:18, 10:13, 10:08 (miles with hills are those above 10:10 pace)
Blisters:  1 and it is in a new place

I may have hit my average pace, but my splits are all over the place.  I don't really care right now because I had a great time running this morning.  I've said it before (probably more often than you care to read it), but I prefer cold weather so I'm stoked I had such a great run in the heat and humidity.  The sweat was dripping off me before my first mile was done.  Here I am at the end...soaked.

This week:
Monday:  sleep
Tuesday:  6 x 800
Wednesday:  easy 3 + PT exercises
Thursday:  tempo run
Friday:  easy 3 + PT exercises
Saturday:  off
Sunday:  10 miles at a relaxed effort
Wed/Sat:  ADP starts his training this week!  I'm so excited for him to be running and training and getting ready for the same race as I am getting ready for.

Giveaways to look at:
Lift Your Soul from MizFit
Stuffitts from Running Diva Mom
CSN GC from My life as a trimommy
Favorite Things from I Tri To Be Me
Sigvaris compression socks from I Run Because…  I Can

16 comments:

ajh said...

NIce job in the heat. Good pace! What race are you getting ready for?

MCM Mama said...

Nice job on the run. You'll be amazed how much easier it is when the cool returns.

La Historiadora de Moda said...

Great job on this run! I wish I could say that I pushed through the humidity this weekend, but I didn't.

LMC said...

You did a great job in this crazy heat! It sounds like your training is going well too. Good luck to ADP too, lucky that you guys can train together!

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

Yay for a good run, and way to not let the humidity stop you! :)

Julie said...

Wow, way to go Suzy! Nice work on that nine mile:) It is so hard for me to run in the heat and humidity. I am sucking down the water like there is no tomorrow and I am taking walk breaks every few miles. Way to hang tough and get it done:)

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

I'm with you on the cold weather running. Not that I like the below zero stuff, but this high humidity is for the birds.

Nice job on the 9-miler. I was thinking of going on short run today, but the internets were too loud. :)

Anne said...

Great job getting through that humid run! It's so nice that you'll get to run with ADP!!! Happy running :)

Cynthia O'H said...

Oh, I was with you in the early morning run, trying to beat the humidity.

Glad you got it done.

onelittletrigirl said...

It has been hot hot hot! 4am was already over 80 degrees the other day! Yay for ADP getting his training started!

Robyn said...

Even though the splits were a bit up and down, it's still great that you stayed on target with your avg pace. Well done.

J said...

Great job Suzy! I hope you got my email about the iFitness belt.

I prefer the cold weather too I think, well I guess by cold I mean 40F to 60F with less humidity!

Black Knight said...

Nice job on the humid run! I like the scheduled monday.

nickisnook.net said...

Great job, Suzy! Sunday was a tough morning, regardless of how early, for a run. I literally stopped midway in my 15 and changed sports bra, shirt and socks it was so humid.

Staci Dombroski said...

Way to go on your run!!! I am counting down the days to fall because that is my favorite time to run :)

Katie H said...

Awesome job on the run Suzy!