Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

HM Training Day 2

Some of you commented that I am using a FIRST training plan.  You are right, I am.  I looked at numerous training plans and wasn't sure what to do.  It's summer and I'd be fine continuing my 5-6 days/week running schedule.  The challenge comes this fall when I do my student teaching.  I have no idea if I'll have time to run much, so I picked a training plan that only has three runs a week.  I'll follow it during the summer and once student teaching starts I'll do my long runs on the weekend and whatever I can during the week.  I am hoping I can continue following the plan, but only time will tell if I'll have the time, energy and mental clarity for much more than "just" running during the week.

This morning I just wasn't feeling it.  I tried to pull out all the positives I could and I still had a hard time for the first four miles.  In hindsight, I think it was TV show I had on (many of the scenes were at night with low lighting and it was a quiet episode).  Time to find something new to watch when I run.  Perhaps I'll catch up on Weeds (I only watched the first two seasons).  Today:  2 mile warm-up, 3 mile short tempo run, 1 mile cool-down.  I'm happy to be done with my run for today!

Giveaways to check out
CSN GC at Running Off at the Mouth ending 7/28

9 comments:

Teamarcia said...

Woot for the FIRST plan and thanks for the giveaway shout!

onelittletrigirl said...

Some days ya feel it, some days ya don't! You still got the run in :)

Katie H said...

Way to push through it! I think the FIRST plan is a great way to go. I am considering tailoring mine to that a bit- three days of running is perfect for me!

Lynette@ A Hodge Podge Of Randomness said...

Great job on getting the first run done!

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

I using the FIRST plan too. It seemed like the only plan that I could fit into my schedule! I know how you feel about "not feeling it" on some days. Hopefully they're few and far between the good days!

MomRunningFromCancer said...

Sometimes we feel like running and it is easy - no matter how far we run . . . and sometimes we run and nothing it easy. Our bodies and minds are mysterious creatures. ;-)

Listen to your body.

nickisnook.net said...

Whatever plan you use is good for giving you a basis. I find it easier to train when I can look at a schedule of any sort and have some idea.

Good to get the run done!!

Black Knight said...

5/6 days/week running schedule is a very good plans. When I changed job I had your same problem (few workouts); I solved it running before going to work.

Candice @ I Have Run said...

Yay for FIRST plans! And great job on the run in spite of not feeling it!

Your vacation sounds amazing! I think Camp Grandma sounds like something our family needs to do =)