Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Did You Miss Me?

So, did you miss me?  I hope so!  I know I've missed all of you.  If you didn't miss me...consider my question rhetorical.  :D

First, the great state of Wisconsin!
I'm sure you are on the edge of your seats wondering what I've been up to with my blogging absence.  Well, wait no longer.  We did it all:  visited family, went running, had a vacation from vacation, and spent plenty of time sitting and relaxing.  First up was a really long drive to my home state of Wisconsin.  We went straight to the cabin and didn't get back in the car for a couple days.  Time in the water, with family, and having fun were on the docket every day.

There is a route that I love to walk and run; I managed to run three three times while I was there.  It is 4.8 miles of water, beautiful homes/cabins, wildlife, and it could make anyone want to move there.  The first run was rough; I was tight from all the time in the car but the sun was out so it was perfect.  The second run was in the rain and the lushness of the green is beyond anything I can explain.  The third run was with ADP (I can no longer say we've never run together).  He was nice enough to go slow for the majority of the run and we got a few pictures.
blue = water, green = forest
Here are a few from our "photo shoot."  There was a beautiful fog this morning.
ADP running away from me, literally

this is what the run looked like when you couldn't see the lake

Here I come!
One thing about visiting family is that the kids are kicked out after a few days and only the grandkids get to stay (they have Camp Grandma).  ADP and I take full advantage of these days and this time we went to the Twin Cities.  The first night there we met Julie (Julie's Running Blog) for dinner at Eli's.  If you live in the Twin Cities it is worth the trip into Minneapolis for dinner!!  Julie is amazing and the conversation never stopped.  It was like we were old friends.  We talked about all kinds of things and found out we have more similarities than we would ever know about if we'd never met in person.  Some people are different on the blog than they are in real life, not Julie.  She was exactly like her blog - awesome!

Julie & Me
I have to admit that we walked so much in the Twin Cities that I never went for a run.  We did walk everywhere that was recommended we run, so I can safely say we saw the sights.
Me and ADP
There you have it in a nutshell.  We are back home and training for my half marathon in October started this morning.  I've never done a training plan like this so it will be interesting to follow.  More on the plan another day.


This week:
Run 1:  12 x 400 w/90 sec RI (done and I think my legs will hurt tomorrow)
Run 2:  2 mile easy, 3 miles short-tempo, 1 mile easy
Run 3:  8 miles at planned half marathon pace (PHMP) + 20 sec

19 comments:

onelittletrigirl said...

I DID miss you! Glad you are back!

christinaleigh said...

Glad you are back. You are inspiring me to bring my camera on some of my runs. Or to take my cell phone out of my pouch.

The Jogger Blogger said...

I DID miss your posts! Glad you are back and so happy you had such a good time!

Katie H said...

Hi Suzy! I definitely missed you :) I'm glad you had such a great vacation. And very cool that you got to meet up with Julie- she is so sweet!

Karen R said...

What a fun vacation! I love the pix of you and ADP - very cute! Welcome back to blogworld :)

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

Sounds like you had a great vacation! I love how you and ADP got to leave the kids with the grandparents and have your own mini vacation. That must have been awesome!

Molly said...

So cool that you got to hang with Julie! your running route looked great too.

J said...

Glad you are back! It was kind of weird, going from having you post everyday, to having you stop!

Emz said...

I am a 99.8% treadmill runner so these photos look like a dream to me!!

nickisnook.net said...

Missed you! Sounds like you had a great time!!!

Java Joggers said...

Love the pics!

Julie said...

Hi Suzy,
Welcome back to bloggie world! I am so glad that we had the chance to meet when you were in Minneapolis! I really had a great time with you and ADP:)

I love the picture of you running down the road. You look so happy and just look at your nice running form:) I hope that you have a nice training week!

ajh said...

I bet you had a great time with Julie! Glad you are back!

Black Knight said...

Welcome back to Blogland. Looking at your pictures I have just taken the decision to bring the camera with me during the next workout.

Lynette said...

Welcome back =) Your pictures made me a bit homesick. We moved from WI (near the twin cities) to TX this last fall... Or maybe it was what looked like cooler running temps lol!

Looks like you're using the FIRST program. I keep hitting pr's with that program.

Lynette said...

We lived outside of Ellsworth (south of Hudson and River Falls) and I grew up just north of Madison- on the Horicon Marsh.

I love the FIRST program, but I use the training paces off of McMillan Running. Mentally those jsut seem easier lol!

Molly said...

I forgot to mention that I have a non-running giveaway going on that your girls might like! : )

Cynthia O'H said...

I love the pictures of your running routes.

Sounds like you had a great holiday.
Now the fun training can begin:)

Badgergirl said...

Welcome back! Glad to hear you enjoyed your blog vacation and real life vacation. The photos of the WI running route are great!