Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

12 Great Hours

Last night I met Amanda for dinner.  Last time we saw each other was over a month ago when we ran Freihofer's 5K together.  It was great to catch up over some delicious brick oven pizza.  I had a Margherita Pizza that said it had sliced roma tomatoes.  I had to laugh a little when my pizza came with one cherry tomato thinly sliced and put on the mozzarella cheese in the center of the pizza.  The pizza still tasted wonderful even with the lack of tomatoes.  The majority of the times we see each other is at a race, so I made sure to get a picture of us to prove we both clean up well.
We were both in the same place at the same time because last night was the mentor training for the Fleet Feet No Boundaries program.  I've wanted to do this in the past but they only offered it on Monday nights which don't work for me.  This fall they are doing a Tuesday night program as well so I signed up as soon as I found out.  We start in two weeks!  I can't wait to meet everyone who will be getting ready for their first 5K.

I'd like to claim all 12 hours were great (like the post title implies), but they were not.  Sleep was not my friend last night.  My alarm went off without surprising me because I'd been tossing and turning for the ~41 minutes leading up to my 4:41 a.m. alarm going off.  Bad nights of sleep happen; I just hope it doesn't happen again tonight.

This morning I had some speed work to do.  I hopped on the treadmill about 5 and warmed up for a very slow mile.  Then it was time for this:  400, 600, 800, 1200, 800, 600, 400, with 400 RI.  I usually run with the lights off.  The problem is that I needed my sticky note of how fast for how long to help me so I ran with the lights on.  I think I only made one oops by miscalculating a RI and did 800 instead of 400.  I finished with another very slow mile for a total of 6.6 miles this morning.

This week's plan:
Tuesday:  speed work
Wednesday:  either 4 easy miles or gardening
Thursday:  5 miles tempo
Friday:  3 miles with PT exercises mixed in
Saturday:  rest
Sunday:  9 miles at PHMP + 20 sec (let's hope the weather cooperates a little better this time)


Some great giveaways to check out:
~Blue Steel Anti-Chafe Cream from Running Diva Mom
~Champion Clothing from Shut Up and Run!
~Anti-Monkey Butt powder from My Life as a Trimommy
~Really Cute Stuff from Penguin's Gift

9 comments:

Katie H said...

Great photo of you two! That is really great that you will be mentoring. It sounds like a blast!

Manderz said...

I think I look a little drunk in that picture haha!!

I hate when I have a bad night of sleep. I hope you have a relaxing day!

Jill said...

That's so fun you got to meet your friend for an evening, even if the tomato was pathetic. Hope you get in some better sleep tonight!!

Cynthia O'H said...

I would have been tempted to ask for more tomatoes.

Looks like a good plan for the week. Have fun with it.

J said...

that is awesome that you are going to be a mentor for the Fleet feet program! I can't believe you run with the lights on while on the treadmill!! I would be so afraid I would fall off!

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

Ha..that's too funny about the pizza! I'm glad it was still good though.
Great job on your speedy run! :)

Molly said...

I agree with J, how do you run with the lights off?!??

hope you get some sleep tonight!

Julie said...

Hi Suzy,
Woo hoo for another bloggie meet-up:) Nice job on the 6 plus mill run! Running in the dark?

I will have to check out all of the listed giveaways! have a great week Suzy!

Meg said...

Such a cute picture and I love it that you will be mentoring! How fun!
I hope you slept well last night.