Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What You Never Exercise Without

Once upon a time, not so long ago I asked what do you never exercise without.  Well, there are some funny ones out there!  Here is my minimum for a normal run:

  • Running shoes
  • Road ID (it's always on my shoes so I never forget)
  • Socks
  • Shorts
  • Sports bra
  • Shirt (you won't find me running in just a sports bra)
  • Something to keep my bangs off my face
  • Sunglasses

My "extras" are:

  • Water
  • Something to keep my hair off my neck
  • Garmin (outside), TV/DVD (inside)
  • Body Glide
  • Cell phone (outside)
  • Chapstick
  • Winter gear...running only keeps me so warm
Here are your responses:


  • I never exercise without my iPod
  • I never exercise without my ipod (a different person left this comment than the first iPod comment)
  • I don't like to exercise without my hair being pulled up, long hair gets very HOT!!
  • never run without body glide...keep those pigs from rubbin!
  • I never run without my asics 2140's. I won't run in any other shoes
  • And I cannot run without my iPhone--for music and for emergencies. Well, that and my Garmin, Gus.
  • Things I will never run without... My garmin and some good tunes :)
  • I never exercise without clothes and shoes. Other than that, it depends what I'm doing. Running outside - my Garmin is a must). Running on the treadmill - my iPod is a must.
  • I never exercise w/o my ipod. I need the music or podcasts, something to listen to make the time go by faster
  • I never exercise without my silly pink plastic heart ring. I don't want to wear my wedding ring while I get all nasty, so I put on this little ring and it sort've makes me feel like one of those "earth, wind and fire people" haha. Awesome.
  • I never exercise without my heart rate monitor. I may be obsessed and/or fascinated with my heart rate and calories burned.
  • I can't exercise without my ipod+. I love being able to know how far I've gone. I'm a number lover!
  • I never run without a headband or hat! Don't love a sweaty face with hair sticking to it :)
  • I never exercise without my puffer - just in case.
  • I never run without my Garmin
  • I can't usually excercise without my Bondi Bands -- so I'm looking at mixing things up a bit and trying something new.
  • I never exercise without my balega running socks!
  • I actually never exercise without my SweatyBand! I wear it on my bike, while I'm running, when I'm cleaning the house...you name it!
  • I never run without my ipod!
  • My workout staple is gum, especially peppermint flavored, leaves me feeling minty fresh. :)
  • My Nike sports bra and good socks are my staple.. And for running my Garmin
  • One thing I never leave without is my road ID. I wear it on every run!
  • I never exercise without my RoadID. I never take it off. Ever!
  • I never exercise without...feeling better afterwards! (okay, I know that is not how you meant it but honestly, I do not have a single thing that I always need for a workout. Nothing, nada, zip. That is what I love about running. I really don't need anything to get out there and run.)
  • my ipod is always with me.
  • I always exercise with shorts on! hehe and I always wear my watch!
  • I USUALLY never run without my Garmin, but last night I did...so I guess never say never
  • I never run without chapstick!
  • Can't exercise without my Motorola Droid - has all of my music and my running apps!
  • I can't workout without something to hold my hair back . . . even though it isn't that long. It still can drive me crazy.
  • I never exercise without a sports bra! :0
  • I never run without my Garmin...and I never exercise without my hair in ponytail...nothing drives me crazier than sweaty hair on my neck! LOL!
  • I can't exercise without my: Garmin – outside; Ipod - on the treadmill.
I see a trend with the iPods.  I don't run outside with one (usually) since a lot of my running is on the road.  

Juneathon Update:  This morning's run was excellent!  I planned on an easy 6 miles.  I set up, turned on a documentary I had never seen (Morning Light) and started the treadmill.  I always put in a time and my treadmill counts down to zero; this way I am much less likely to hop off before my run is done.  Well, at the 6 mile mark I was loving the documentary so I reset the treadmill and ran another 1.3 miles.  My 6 miler turned into 7.33 miles!  I could have kept going, but I knew the kids would be getting up so I needed to clean up and get the munchkins ready for the day.  The rest of the day is going to consist of weeding, gardening (we lost lots of veggies already), and mowing the yard.

10 comments:

gmontalvo13 said...

kind of makes you wonder what people did before ipods, huh?! :)

J said...

That is a cool list! I had forgotten about it and had to really read to see if could find the one i wrote!

ajh said...

I wasn't positive if I wrote one or which. Too funny. Enjoyed the list.

onelittletrigirl said...

I ALWAYS wear a shirt too! Never just a bra! And I'll always have my Road ID! Oh and yes, long hair= up for working out!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

I'm late, but I never run without my cell phone and I usually wear sunscreen, too.

christinaleigh said...

I've been an ipod gal. Have been trying it without the ipod. I've enjoyed having the time to think. Not sure if I will go back to the ipod or not.

JenLo said...

I love the list! I can't believe nobody said sunglasses. I don't remember the last time I ran without mine--early morning and evening. I guess I don't run when it's too dark to wear them.

Badgergirl said...

I'm pretty sure I'm one of the iPod answers. But I might start trying to do shorter runs without. Just for a change of pace.

Great post.

Cynthia O'H said...

Great list.

I'm surprised by the number of runners (and women) who don't run without their ipods. Between street safety (cars) and personal safety, running with an ipod just doesn't seem like the best thing to do.

A few male running buddies have very strong opinions about female runners and ipods; I guess they hit home with me.

La Historiadora de Moda said...

I never run without gum, and I usually run with my ipod. I keep it low and usually run on a bike path with lots of cycle and pedestrian traffic.