Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

This Weekend's Race

This weekend is the Freihofer's Run For Women.  This race is unique in many senses - it is a women's only race, it is a community event that draws 4,000+ for the 5K race, there are kids' races and a community walk, and there are elite runners leading the 5K.  The video below is Benita Willis (3 time winner) talking about the race and the days leading up to the race.  You can see both her videos and more about the event here.


Today is a rest day for me, so my Juneathon exercise is going to be taking Maddie for a walk and helping out at soccer tonight.

6 comments:

Staci Dombroski said...

Have a great race!!

JenLo said...

Can't wait to come up! I am totally unprepared--I have really slacked off since my half marathon. I almost wish I were just spectating, but Oh Well!!

We come up tomorrow morning (Fri) and will hit the Expo to get my packet some time in the afternoon. We decided to stay over near Wolf Road, so we will have to drive in to the start.

Email me at jolsen1 (at) stny (dot) rr (dot) com and I can give you my cell number--maybe we can hook up to meet!

nickisnook.net said...

Good luck, Suzy and Jen!

Emily said...

I've done this race before! FOREVER ago with my mom. I was probably like 12...maybe not actually quite that young, I'm sure she'll read this comment and inform you of exactly when we did it. GOOD LUCK!

Meg said...

Enjoy your rest day! I have one today, too! Have a fun race.

ajh said...

Good luck and have fun at the race!