Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Rest Day

There are many reasons to have rest days.  If you want to know the "real" reasons for them you can google them.  On top of all the "real" reasons I have my own which are equally important.  I have two reasons:

  1. I get to sleep an extra hour!  Add the extra morning hour to the extra hour I get the night before (when ADP watches Hell's Kitchen) and it is a long night of sleep for me.
  2. I don't have any reason to put my contacts in so I wear my glasses.  Such comfort for my eyes once a week.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, my afternoon run was scratched for today.  I was going to take Maddie for a run today - thankfully I knew about it yesterday so I took her out on a 1.5 mile run.  Maddie isn't used to running yet and she runs even slower than I do!  Here we are when our run was done.

14 comments:

shellyrm aka jogging stroller mama said...

I love a little extra sleep. I got some this morning since it was pouring down rain. It's the treadmill tonight for me - bummer.

The Jogger Blogger said...

Yay for extra sleep!

Zoë said...

Yes! Extra sleep and no contact lenses! Totally!

You and Maddie look fantastic!

Darlene said...

Today was my rest day too and I didn't put my contacts in - YAY!

Java Joggers said...

What's not to love about rest days? Extra time, guilt free 'cause you planned the day off from running :)

Laurie said...

I took a rest day today too. Hooray for extra sleep!!

JenLo said...

What a cutie Maddie is!

Heather said...

Rest days are great!! So are no contact days.

Running with my dog is bad for my ego. When I walk she walks ahead of me...when i break into a jog...she still just walks and is still ahead of me............

Jill said...

Rest days are priceless, glad you got an extra 2 hours of sleep, too! Yay! Your puppy is soooo cute!! :)

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

Extra sleep is soooo nice! Yay for rest days! That pic of you and your dog is so cute! :)

Cynthia O'H said...

I remember trying to run with my dog when he was a pup. It was a stop and sniff run, every time. If he's off-leash, though, he can keep going, stop and catch up. Runs were so frustrating that I fired him as a running partner and use him for cross-training (walking).

Mark said...

Nice pic, Suzy.

J said...

I love the extra hour of sleep on rest days!! I try to get to bed early the night before because the extra extra sleep really helps!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Maybe your dog needs a little time to run as fast as you do, but if not she looks like she'll make a great walking buddy!