Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Our Family Grows

Let me clarify:  our family of Garmins is growing!  ADP decided he wanted one so I did some research for him (I'm nice like that!) and he decided to get the exact Garmin I have.  Happy Early Birthday ADP.  We could be twins!  Now...if I could just have some of his speed.

I use Garmin training center on my computer so he'll probably use Garmin Connect on-line to download his info.  Is there a way to use the same program without different computer log-ins?  All things we need to figure out.

Juneathon update:  ADP tried out his garmin this morning and went for a nice little 6.46 mile run this morning and while I'm happy for him, all I can say is I'm jealous.  Today is a rest day for me.  I'm busy when he gets home from work so no run for me.  I'll settle for a walk with Maddie and the kids later today.

12 comments:

Java Joggers said...

Congrats on the new addition to your family! Happy Running :)

Molly said...

woohooo...this is going to take your runs together to a whole different level!!

Lynette said...

I just got my DH a Garmin for Father's Day. He's loving it after only 1 run as well =) If I remember right, you can use the Garmin software for two runners. you just have to have to different profiles set up.

J said...

Aww thats cute! Now you both have Garmins!

Darlene said...

Which Garmin do you have? 205, 305 or 405?

Julie said...

Oh, another Garmin! I think that it is awesome that your hubby is starting to get more serious about running:) You are lucky that he actually runs. I know that my hubby will never run with me....just not his thing. I cheers to the new addition:) He could send me some of his speed too!

Have a good one Suzy!

Founder of Jog for Joubert Syndrome said...

ahhh, congrats. we just expanded our garmin family last night too. hubby decided he wanted one too and because we run two different paces i gave in and let him get one because my GPS app on my phone is not reliable on the trails and NO WAY am i running without knowing my numbers!!!!

Tricia said...

I think I've finally convinced my hubby we need one..now to figure out which one. Is that the 305?

Heidi said...

My hubby wants one of his own as well. I'm thinking it will be a great Xmas present this year. I'm hoping they come out with a slightly different style or colour by then though.

I'm pretty sure you can set up multiple profiles on the Garmin program.

P said...

The Hubs and I both use Garmin Training Center and we set up his old Garmin for our boys to use, so we have three Users on the same system. When you plug the new one in for the first time, Garmin knows it's a new item, so it'll ask you if you want to use an existing profile or set up a new one.
You're probably going to want to write your name in Sharpie on yours, though, so there's no confusion between the two! :-)

Jill said...

I'm Garmi-dumb. I got it a year ago when I ran Boston from my girlfriends...and I have yet to figure out how to download (or upload??) data from the thing to my computer. So I'm zero help to you! But that's cool your hubby got one, I DO love how it tells me my pace, that one I did figure out all by myself. ha.

Badgergirl said...

Welcome to the family Garmin II! Does it have a name?