Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Dear Stomach

Dear Stomach,

I know I have neglected you, but you do not need to retaliate the way you have!  Last fall I hit my weight goal and you were flat.  Over the winter you seem to have collected extra fat from my legs.  Why, if I weigh less now, are my legs skinnier and my belly bigger?  Are you trying to tell me something?  OK, eating the package of Double Stuf Oreos this week was a mistake.  At least it was an honest mistake.

Do not tell me that I've been pregnant so I'll never have a flat stomach.  There are lots of normal women who are trim and fit after having kids.  It is possible.

Let's make a deal.  I will treat you better and you get flatter, okay?  To treat you better I'll try to eat less cookies, less sugar, and less of the other not-so-good food I like.  Just do not make me give up my diet coke!  I know it is bad for me, but I love it.

Sincerely,
Me

Juneathon update:  We walked Maddie this morning (good news there...she lost 1.5 pounds since her vet appointment 3 weeks ago). 

15 comments:

Tricia said...

:)

Heather said...

I feel ya! I definitely feel ya! I won't take pregnancy as an excuse either as my stomach was pretty flat after number 4. Maybe it was the situps.

Teamarcia said...

A flat tummy is a wonderful (and elusive) thing, at least in these parts! Yay Maddie!

Darlene said...

Bad news about the stomach thing...it's doesn't get better with age!

Candice @ I Have Run said...

LOVE it! I am going through the same thing (except I don't weigh less). Flat stomachs here we come!!

J said...

Hilarious! It is hard to resist those cookies!!

Jen said...

You could have said: "Dear Jen's stomach".

I am having the same issues here. I KNOW we can get a flat tummy after having kids.

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

Ha ha...love the letter! :)

Karen R said...

Cute letter idea for a blog! I'm working on "shaping" my body also. I took inches measurements 6weeks ago and then again within the last couple of days. Really interesting how my body has changed by switching my workouts! Good luck to you with your flat belly goal - I'm rooting for you!

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Dear Suzie's Stomach,

Please stop taking advice from my stomach, and start listening to Suzy.

Thank you.


Jon

P said...

Funny post! And a nice reminder to do a core workout today. :-)

Julie said...

Oh Suzy,
I totally know what you are talking about! My tummy has a little more chub-chub than I would like! Also, I have a little cottage cheese that has been camping on my butt:) Isn't it great to be a woman? Great post, it made me smile:)

onelittletrigirl said...

Too funny! But I think you look fab!

Anne said...

:) fun post Suzy

Cynthia O'H said...

My stomach has a mind of its own too. I fondly refer to it as "lumpy". Now, lumpy is grumpy so I'm heading up to get an Oreo.