Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Brain Exchange, v. 11 and a Number

I've been bad and missed the the last few Brain Exchange posts.  I'm going to try to get back at it starting today.  If you want to be involved, stop by Finishing is Winning and answer for yourself.  It really is that easy!  This week is all about summer.

Topic:  Summer Fun and Training
Question:  With the warmer weather brings BBQ's, vacations and summer holiday fun...how do you manage a balance between training and fun?
There is not much difference between summer and winter when we are home because I run on the treadmill before the kids wake up.  On the weekends I try to get in a longer run, but it hasn't been happening very often since starting my WW job on Saturday mornings.  When I run early it leaves the rest of the day free for all the summer fun.
Vacations generally include running.  I don't see any reason why I wouldn't run on vacation since running is so beneficial to me.  If I don't run on vacation, it is usually because I am spending so much time walking everywhere.
The added benefit of running during the summer, I don't feel as guilty eating all the good summer food! 
Juneathon update:  Ran 6.45 miles this morning on the treadmill.  Even bigger than my run, this morning I passed this for the year:
500 miles!!!

7 comments:

onelittletrigirl said...

I love summer food!!!


Congrats on 500 miles :)

The Jogger Blogger said...

Wow! 500 miles! Congrats=)

Karen R said...

Awesome on the 500 miles - great milestone to meet this month since we are halfway through 2010 :)

And I love summer fun too - yummy new salads and grilling techniques to try!

ajh said...

Congrats on the 500 miles! You have probably said but what is your WW job?

Tricia said...

great job on the miles!

Anne said...

Woohoo on your 500 miles! That's amazing :)

Katie H said...

Congrats on 500 Suzy- that is awesome!