Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

2 of 5 Today

I had planned to run an easy five miles today.  Due to quite a temper tantrum thrown by the youngest my 'mommy guilt' set in and I ran two miles instead of five.  It was a tantrum that could be heard almost a block away (I could hear Punky as I was running away from the house).  Thankfully, by the time I got back Punky was happy as a clam.

In addition to Punky's tantrum it started raining about a mile into my run.  I don't mind running in the rain, but it was just one more reason to go home.

The good news about the run:  Maddie ran all 2.11 miles!  This was her longest run and she did pretty well.  I'm still not used to stopping during my runs so she can have potty breaks, but I can't exactly explain to Maddie that she needs to go before we head out on a run.  Today:  2.11 miles, 20:27 min for an ave of 9:45/mi.  Not only is Maddie getting better at going the distance, she's getting faster too!

9 comments:

Java Joggers said...

Yay you AND Maddie!

La Historiadora de Moda said...

Eeep! Good that the temper tantrum was over when you got home.

P said...

Sometimes tantrums are the reason I run *longer*! :-) Congrats to Maddie (and you for being so patient) for her longest run yet!

JenLo said...

Good job, Maddie! (and Suzy too;)

christinaleigh said...

Oh, toddler temper tantrum. My 2 year old is a master....much more so than my older two children. I get that mommy guilt thing! Great time!

Cynthia O'H said...

Oh, this brings back memories of what I have in store this summer. I'd head out for my long runs last summer and my then 3 year old would cry and cry until he fell asleep. Then, I'd have to deal with a night owl at bedtime.

Glad you got out with Maddie. Way to run, you two!

Julie said...

Hi Suzy,
First of all, I love the picture of you! Your arms look amazing:)

Secondly, my little guy chased me down the road today as I began my run...he was screaming, "Mommy, I want to come with you! Please don't leave without me!" Talk about guilt:) I had to walk him back to the house and made sure that my hubby hung on to him so that he wouldn't try it again!

Nice job on your run:)

Black Knight said...

You two made a good job. The rain has to be the reason to run more, expecially if it happens in summer.

Jill said...

Yay for Maddie!! And I Sooooo remember those days my kids would scream when I went for a run. It does get better...