Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Tomorrow's Coming Quickly

Tomorrow is coming quickly!!  I mentioned that I am now part of a Ragnar Relay team and it hit me during the night that the race starts tomorrow.  I was going to get up and do a few easy miles this morning...but decided not to because the race is tomorrow.  As in the van leaves by 6 a.m. tomorrow morning.


I have figured out a few things about the race and my legs.  My goals today are to pack, garden, and get to Fleet Feet to buy a few last minute things.  I started making piles last night of everything I want to take along.  Now the challenge is to get it all in the backpack I have chosen to take.  Yes, I'd like to lug along a full suitcase.  I'd even settle for one of the kids' small suitcases.  But I'm realistic - we're in a minivan and there is only so much room for people, running gear, food, and extra stuff.  So, I'm going to keep the extra stuff to a minimum (if I can).

Minimum isn't doing without in my mind.  I'll still have a slew of toiletries to try to keep a little clean.  Three running outfits.  Lounging clothes for the sections we aren't running.  Clean clothes for the end and drive home.  Not to mention a pillow, food, towel and blanket if I can fit it in the pillowcase.  My word, minimum is turning into lots!

Here are some estimates Amanda was nice enough to send me and what I looked up.

  • Leg 1:  ~10 a.m., 2.7 miles, first mile is ~300 foot climb and then some more hills after.  55F with little chance of rain.
  • Leg 2:  ~7 p.m., 5.8 miles, looks like it is in a town with some ups and downs.  It will coming up on sunset so I will be decked out in reflective gear and lights.  ~70F with who knows what chance of rain (one site said 30% and another said 70%).
  • Leg 3:  ~4 a.m., 3.1 miles, running through another town.  Relatively flat!  ~54F (at least 54 is the low during the night), 30% chance of rain.
I'll be back sometime on Saturday and I'm sure I'll crash from exhaustion once I'm home.  I'm taking my camera so be prepared for some pictures.  Unfortunately, Amanda and I are in different vans - but we'll get pictures at the big exchanges when we are both there!

I couldn't do this without ADP.  Thanks for rearranging your schedule, honey.

12 comments:

Staci Dombroski said...

Have a great time!! I can't wait to hear about it :)

Manderz said...

I'm bringing a really big duffel bag!!! HAAAAAA

Teamarcia said...

You're going to have the best time! enjoy!

Ewa said...

Don't get too tired packing. :)
Have a marvelous time. Can't wait for the report and pictures, lots of them.

Chris said...

Have a blast with your relay! I did the Utah Ragnar last year and I am running it again next month! It is an amazing, unique experience.

J said...

Hope you have a great time at the relay! Take lots of pictures!!

Darlene said...

Have a great time. Takes lots of pics and RELAX!!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

GOOD LUCK!!!

Heidi said...

I must have some weird bug because this all sounds very fun to me. :) The first two legs sounds great ... the third at 4am, yeah that's gonna take some real gusto.

Good luck to you guys. No matter what it will be an experience that will last a lifetime!

Molly said...

I am so excited for you!! Have fun!

ajh said...

Have fun!

LMC said...

Hope you have a great time! Good luck!