Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Official Results and a Catch-22

The official results from the Ragnar Relay NY are posted!  Let me tell you, we did awesome.  There were obviously some speed demons on our team, because I know I don't run all that fast.  Without further delay:

  • Overall Place: 37 out of 199 with a finishing time of 26 hours, 1 minute, 38 seconds
  • Mixed Category (our team had 6 guys and 6 gals):  14 out of 95
If you want to see some of the video (yes, we had a videographer), here it is:  Ragnar Relay Video.  13 minutes of pure fun!

The high from the race has worn off and I'm back where I was a couple weeks ago.  I slept through my alarm clock two days in a row.  I haven't run since Sunday morning.  Basically, I have no energy to run and to get more energy I need to go for a run.  My plan is to give myself until Sunday morning when I have a 5K (who knows how it'll go) and then I'll force myself back on the running mill.  I think the only way back is to run when tired, so that is what I'll do...on Monday.  Until then, I plan on getting a lot more sleep.

On a side note...
Tonight is the local workforce challenge 3.5 mile race.  There are teams from all kinds of companies running, and ADP is one of the runners this year.  The kids and I will be going to cheer him on along with the 7,000 other runners and walkers.  I already have the cowbells in my bag.

8 comments:

ajh said...

Wow! Your team rocked the relay! Have fun watching your husband race. I love spectating races almost as much as I love running them. I bet your kids will love cheering him on!

Teamarcia said...

Congrats on the awesome placement! Of course you're awesome! Enjoy your spectating duties!

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

My running partner is running the Workforce Challenge, but I'll never make it there in time to cheer her on. Too long a drive from work. Do some good cheering for me. I so need to buy a cowbell. :)

Staci Dombroski said...

Gotta love those cowbells!!! Have a great time!

Darlene said...

You guys did great! What a team!

Katie said...

Hey girl- Team BAD seriously rocked! Congrats!!!! :) Have fun at the workforce challenge tonight :)

J said...

Awesome job on the relay! That is really great!

Hope you enjoy the Corporate Challenge!! We have ours in two weeks and I am excited! Hopefully it wont be too hot!

Badgergirl said...

Wow! You're team rocked the relay!