Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday Fanfare, 5.21

IT'S FRIDAY!!!  Let's all celebrate another successful week and the start of the weekend.  How are you going to celebrate?  Go for a run, you say?  Great idea!  These people are racing this weekend:
  • Julie is running the Maple Grove 5K
  • Jenn is running the Fargo Half-Marathon
  • Courtney is running the Rock Your Socks Virtual 10K
  • Jill is doing the Black Bear Olympic Relay Tri (swimming leg, I think)
  • Darlene is running the SPAC Rock n Run 5K
  • ADP and I will be running a 5K on Sunday with the kids in the jogger
Good Luck!!

Don't forget to check out the giveaways on the sidebar.  I've been a little behind, so if you want your giveaway listed or a shout-out for Friday Fanfare just leave a comment!

Last night ADP participated in a 3.5 mile Workforce Challenge race.  It was hotter than we are used to (~80F).  He did awesome, if I do say so myself (I'm a little biased being his wife).  It was a self-timed event and I think he said his time was 22:30!  There were 8,500 runners and walkers.  The icing: there were lots of categories including 'male' teams of 4 and ADP was on the team that took 7th place.  So proud of my guy.  
Punky, ADP, Bugs
(New York State Capital Building in the background)
On the back of one of the team shirts was this:  "We don't run faster, we run smarter."  I liked it!

15 comments:

J said...

WOW 22:30! I seriously would love to run it that fast! Way to go! Especially in that heat!! The pic is so cute!! Love it! Have a good weekend!!

Julie said...

Hi Suzy,
Thanks for the well wishes for this weekend's race!

Your hubby did super for his first 5K! That is actually very impressive:) What a good looking family! Have a great weekend Suzy!

Staci Dombroski said...

That is fast!! I would be proud of him too!!!

Karen R said...

Very cute pix! It is so great that you and the kids went to be his cheerleading team. That is really fun and teaching them great things about striving for goals and cheering others on :)

Happy Friday to you!

Heidi said...

Have a good run this weekend. Congrats to your hubby! The pic of your family is adorable.

onelittletrigirl said...

Yeah I'll be swimming in the frozen tundra!

shellyrm aka jogging stroller mama said...

Seriously great time!

I love the picture of your family.

Enjoy the weekend.

LMC said...

Love that picture! Congrats to your hubby, that's pretty good time on that 5K. Have a great weekend!

The Happy Runner said...

Cute pic! I heard his name announced when he crossed the finish line. He did SUPER! You've got one speedy husband :-)

Have a great weekend and good luck on Sunday.

Teamarcia said...

Awww love the cute pic! Congrats to your speedy hubster!

ajh said...

Great picture - worth framing!

Anne said...

Congrats to ADP, that is an awesome time!

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

Congrats to ADP! He did awesome! And, I think that last picture is so adorable! :)

Meg said...

Thanks for posting everyone's races! Nice job on ADP's time, I can't believe it was so hot there already!

Black Knight said...

A running family: great! Hubby was fast in his 5k, congrats.
Good luck for today.