Pages

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Diva Night Was Great

My plan for the evening was to catch up with friends (they were sick and didn't make it...missed you!!), buy socks and a new sports bra.  What I didn't expect was to get so much while I was there!  Here's the loot that I got free:

Well, not everything is pictured because I wore the Feetures! Light socks on my run this morning so I put the empty packaging in the picture.  (Free socks means no money spent for socks!)

I took advantage of the representatives from Moving Comfort and was measured for a new bra.  Yup, I needed a new one.  I ended up getting one that doesn't have velcro, hooks, or a zipper.  So, how do you get a racerback sports bra off after running?  I haven't worn one of these things since I was in college and getting it off this morning was a workout in itself.  Did I happen to mention I got 15% off the bra?  Well, I did.  

In addition to the goodies, there was wine, cheese, fruit, crackers, cookies, and mints.  I didn't get a caricature or massage, but I did get to talk to a lot of great women while I was looking around.  Throughout the night they did a lot of giveaways.  Every number around mine (063) had been called so I figured I wouldn't get anything...the odds were against me.  I was wrong - my number was called and I won a gift certificate for a CW-X bra!  FREE BRA!!  I have to fill in the paperwork and order it through the mail (yes, snail mail).  Who cares if it will take 4-6 weeks...it's a free bra.  Those things can be expensive and I'm getting one free.

Woo hoo for a great night out.  Thanks to Fleet Feet for hosting.

13 comments:

Teamarcia said...

Fun night and great swag!

Running Diva Mom said...

Very cool! Our Fleet Feet is hosting one next week and I was thinking of attending. thanks for posting about how much fun you had and the great goodies you received! :-) ENJOY!

Anne said...

How cool!! Free things are great fun :)

ajh said...

This sounds great! Congrats on the free bra!

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

That is awesome! Hooray for free stuff! :)

Darlene said...

I had planned to go but still hadn't unpacked from my vacation. Looks like fun and the freebies are great!!

JenLo said...

That is so cool! I am 1.5 hrs away from the closest Fleet Feet--jealous!

Julie said...

Hi Suzy,
I wish we had something like this here in Minnesota! How fun...and free stuff!! LOL on the how do you take off the racerback bra after running? Very carefully..I usually cross my arms and grab the bottom of the bra and peel it off over my head:) I am not very big...sadly, ever since I started running the girls have started to shrink:) Happy weekend!

Lindsay said...

So awesome! That is some awesome swag :)

J said...

Well that sounds fun! Those racerback bras can get really tricky!

rkswaney said...

That sounds like fun and you can't go wrong with free goodies! where do you find future locations? Thanks for the encouragement!

Black Knight said...

A secret.... I never wore a bra! Did I miss anything?

Badgergirl said...

Very cool! I hope my Fleet Feet decides to host one of these Diva nights. It sounds like a lot of fun!