- I am now confident I can run at anytime of day
- I don't want to see another porta-potty for a very long time
- I like running with groups (granted, I was mostly alone when running, but was with people for the rest of the time)
- I can run on little sleep
- Music can help when you are running on little sleep
I slept for 13 hours when I got home and then took Maddie for her first run Sunday morning. We took it slow and Maddie needed two pit stops. I'm proud of my pup and her first 1.6 miler! I know she's going to turn into a great running partner.
When I cleaned up I surprised the kids with this:
It's temporary and both kids thought it was silly that I had a tattoo.
Question: If someone asks how long you've run what do you say? What should I say? I started running 12 years ago. Took a ~year off of exercising because of school. I ran my first 5K in 2002. I took time off for injury and pregnancies, but always came back when well enough. Do I say I've run 12 years? 8 years (since my first 5K)? 2 years (since the last time I was injured and had to take time off)? I have been running, but haven't considered myself a runner until this past year so I don't know how to answer. How long have I been a runner?