Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

An Update, Then Going Silent

Hi world of bloggers!!  I've been busy with everything, or so it seems.  This week I finished painting my bedroom.  It has been a long time coming because the wallpaper we had to take down also took down a fair amount of wallboard.  Once the paper was down I needed to fix the wall which included lots of hole filler, sanding, washing and repeating.  When the walls were finally ready to be painted I was out of energy to continue and it was winter (so the house was closed up tight).  Needless to say, the bedroom took over a year and it is finally painted!  I'm excited to be (almost) done.  Tomorrow paintings and all framed things go back up on the walls...when I figure out where I put them all.

On an exercise front I've done fine.  Tuesday I did hill work on the treadmill.  I never did get out to find a long hill, so I just stayed home and upped the grade on the treadmill.  Wednesday I relaxed (you know...other than going up and down the ladder when painting).  Thursday I ran 6.5 miles on the treadmill with negative splits.  I love those runs!  Friday morning I had an easy 4 mile run.  I still have to ask myself when 4 miles got 'easy' because it still doesn't seem right.  
Friday night I did something I'd never done before:  went to spin class.  First thing first, when I got to the gym I had to ask when the last time I was there.  Note:  if you have to ask then it's been TOO long.  For what it's worth, I went on Friday which was 4/16 and the last time I'd been there was 12/17.  Second, find a bike.  I had called and reserved my spot in the class, but when I got there I found out arriving 15 minutes before class still put me in the front row of bikes.  Third, I'd been to an intro to spinning class so I was familiar with how to set up the bike, but I still asked the instructor who was kind enough to help me.  Finally, keep up.  It went well and I loved having someone else tell me when to go slow, fast, up, down, etc.  I was soaked when I was finished.  I'll definitely be going back.  I snapped this picture before leaving the gym parking lot.



Next week is turn off the TV and unplug week here.  I won't be posting or visiting blogs next week.  I'll be quickly checking my e-mail in the mornings before the kids get up (I can't completely unplug for 7 days), so if you need to get ahold of me drop me at note at runningonmytimemail at gmail dot com.  
I hope that you have a great week!  

14 comments:

Badgergirl said...

Enjoy your unplugged week!

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

Congrats on your runs! A spin class can be pretty intimidating at first...good job for going and figuring it all out! :)

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Yea for turning off the TV, but booo to shutting off the blog.

Hope to see you back soon. :)

Velma said...

Have a great week! I admire you for unplugging!

ajh said...

Enjoy your week. I don't know if I could do it. TV no problem but not internet. I love spinning but never go!

Black Knight said...

6.5 miles on the treadmill with negative splits means that you are a very strong and motivate runner. My treadmill is the house of the spiders by long long time, I prefer the wind, the rain ....
Nooo, you cannot leave us alone for a long week!

Julie said...

Hi Suzy,
Nice work on your treadmill runs and wow, spinning class!!!

I hope that you enjoy your unplug week....you will most likely get a ton of things done:)

BTW: Cute picture of you....you look like you are in your twenties:)

onelittletrigirl said...

I will miss your updates but I think the idea is really cool and I hope you do well!!!

Wendy said...

Unplugging once from time to time is a great idea!! Enjoy it!

Staci Dombroski said...

I love the idea of an unplugged week! I hope you have a great one :)

Darlene said...

Good idea! I'm going on vacation so I'll be unplugging starting Wed.

Molly said...

you look good even after all that sweat! I just unplugged for four days, and it was a good thing.

The Happy Runner said...

Glad you liked the spin class!

Enjoy the rest of your unplugged week.

Ewa said...

Enjoy your quiet week.