Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Three Things Thursday, 4.8


1.  I had a nice run on the treadmill this morning.  It is always good to start the day with a run.  I have two more runs planned this week, but I’m rethinking tomorrow’s run.  I may be better off sleeping because I’ll be out of here early on Saturday so I can go take state test #3 for my teaching certification. 

2.  I’ve spent some time on ladders the last couple days.  ADP and I spent last year taking the wallpaper down in the master bedroom.  Let me say this:  if you put wallpaper up, do not put it straight on the wallboard without priming!  In some places we took more wallboard than wallpaper down.  It is such a joy to deal with (NOT).  Now I’ve primed two walls with hopes of getting the first coat of paint up this weekend.

3.  Here’s a tidbit from The Name’s Familiar (see link on sidebar for more information on the book) in honor of the warmer weather.

King C. Gillette
King C. Gillette was a traveling cork salesman from Boston.  He was a friend of William Painter, who invented the bottle cap.  Sinter suggested that in order to thrive in business, Gillette should invent something that could be used a few times and then thrown away.  One morning while shaving, Gillette had his inspiration.  After trying 700 different blades and 51 razors, he finally found the right combination.  In 1903, he began selling Gillette disposable razors.

9 comments:

gmontalvo13 said...

i love starting off mornings w/runs myself!
good luck on test #3!

Staci Dombroski said...

Good luck on your test! You will do great! I always hated the teaching exams :)

Teamarcia said...

In honor of what warmer weather? It's freaking snowing here again. EEK!
Good luck on the test!

ajh said...

Good luck on your exams!

The Jogger Blogger said...

Good luck on your test this weekend! I remember taking those tests years ago and I know how exciting it is to have them over and done with!

Julie said...

Hi Suzy,
Nice job getting on the mill this morning for a run:) Way to jump start your day!! Good luck on your exam...you will do fabulous:)

Molly said...

good luck on your test, and thanks for linking my giveaway!

I once stripped FIVE layers of wallpaper from our dining room, it was a nightmare.

Lorian said...

I totally agree...it is always good to start the day off with a run. My day is so much more enjoyable if I run first.

Continued good luck with your project. I don't envy you. I have to start some decorating projects as well and have been procrastinating.

Lorian said...

And good luck on the test! So exciting!!