Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Three Things Thursday, 4.1

  1. I think we finally found it - a 5K that will allow the whole family to participate!  I just wrote the race director because the site says "Families with Strollers Welcome."  ADP and I have been looking for a race that allows jogging strollers since having kids so we can both run the same race.  My fingers are crossed that this will work out for us.
  2. I ran 7.43 on the treadmill this morning.  Well...I ran 7.25 and walked the rest to run the time down on the treadmill.  The first few miles were fine, but I couldn't get into a rhythm.  The last few miles flew by and then it was done!  I love it when that happens.
  3. Tomorrow starts spring break around here.  And guess what?  It's supposed to be 78F!!  I don't know that I'll get outside for a run tomorrow, but I'm definitely going to take advantage of the nice weather and run outdoors (early in the morning because although 78F sounds great, I'd love for it never to break 75F because it is just too hot).
Don't forget to check out the giveaways on the top right of the blog.  There are a lot of great ones right now.  And, even though I really want to win some of these, I'm being the kind person I am and sharing them with you so you can enter as well.  ;)

14 comments:

gmontalvo13 said...

i always admire people who run w/strollers! i can barely run on my own much less a stroller+baby! :)

J said...

That is great you found a 5k that works for the whole family! A local radio host was talking about how he and his wife wanted to run the same st. pattys day race but couldn't get a babysitter and so he suggested she stay with the kids while he run. I thought he was being such a jerk for not offering to let his wife run. Anyway, idk your post made me think of that and in fact they ended up not running and doing a "family" thing at the local museum or something. So I am glad you were able to find something that worked for you!

its supposed to be so nice here tomorrow too! I wish i had tomorrow off from work!

Julie said...

Hi Suzy,
I am so excited that you were able to find a 5k for your whole gang!! That sounds like it could be a ton of fun...great to post in your blog:) Good job on your run and have a great time over spring break:)

JenLo said...

I adore the heat, but I am dreading the half marathon in the high temps! It came too fast to get used to! Luckily race time is 9:15, so hopefully it will still be cool.

That would be awesome for your whole family to do a 5K together! Wishing you luck that it works out!

Heidi said...

Ahhh 78° ... heaven! Enjoy!

How great that you found a race you can all go in. It's a tough call, there's too many people that can't run responsibly without a stroller. I couldn't imagine those people with one. But I can also understand wanting to take your kids along too. Good luck to you guys!

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

My husband and I always run with our jogging stroller in the 5K races that are "stroller friendly." We just start back behind the runners so we don't crush anyone with the double wide!

Good job on your run! :)

onelittletrigirl said...

I cannot remember the last Spring Break where the weather was nice! I am so excited to have some days in the sun :)

Meg said...

Wow, it sounds like you're going to have some heat! Enjoy!

Darlene said...

I wish I knew about that race - I signed up for the Spac 5k that day. Isn't this weather great!!

ajh said...

Have fun racing with your whole family! I am getting out my sandals for tomorrow!

Anne said...

How cool that you found a race for the whole family!
We are also expecting higher temps this weekend and I can't wait!!!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

We did a 5 miler where we pushed the boys and we LOVED it!! Hope it works out.

FYI on busy weeks I secretly use your links on your Blog to help me find some the giveaways for High five Friday. sO THANK YOU!!

Sorry I have been MIA life has been zonkers!

LMC said...

Like you, I prefer the warmer temps! It supposed to be in the 80s around here and I hope to get outside for at least some of it. Good luck on getting into the 5K with the family. Have a great weekend!

Lorian said...

The family 5k sounds like fun! I agree with you regarding the temp. I would love it if the temp never got above 75 and that can go for the humidity too! Great job on the miles!