Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring Has Sprung

I know spring has sprung because of all the talk about basketball and baseball.  While everyone else, well - maybe not everyone, is talking about last night's NCAA Championship game and the beginning of baseball season I am spending my time perusing the Packers Pro Shop because the Draft Day 2010 line has come out!  This means only one thing:  we're one more month closer to football season.
isn't it awesome?

Other than my football season countdown coming close to draft day as a sure sign of spring, the weather has been giving us hints too.  It was absolutely beautiful this weekend and yet I didn't manage to get a run in.  I'm still trying to figure out when to go running on the weekends now that I'm working on Saturday mornings.  Do I get up really early and go?  Or, do I bump my so-called long runs to Sunday?  I can't go Saturday afternoon (this weekend I could, but soon Saturdays will be filled with the kids' soccer and baseball games).
a little flower from my garden

Since I skipped my weekend run, I added a little on to my run Monday morning.  I really liked my run last week when I did 1 mi slow, 1 mi fast so I did it again and added on .25 even faster at the end.  I really liked it and can't wait to do it again next week!  The problem was that i didn't look closely at my schedule for the week because I had .25 mi repeats planned for this morning.  I did them, but my legs were tired and half filled with lead.  I made it through five repeats and then called it quits without a good cool-down.  

The rest of week:

Monday:  6 miles (done - 6.69 mi)
Tuesday:  5 x 400s (done - 3.0 mi)
Wednesday:  REST!!
Thursday:  6 miles
Friday:  7 miles … maybe a split day
Saturday:  REST!!
Sunday:  6 miles

Now for a question:  ADP is on the taller side and needs some running gear for next fall.  Any suggestions as to where to get a pair of running tights and a long sleeve shirt for my tall running guy?

13 comments:

Staci Dombroski said...

Wish I could help you on the running gear, but I do not know of anything either! I hope you have a great week :)

gmontalvo13 said...

i heart football season!

Meg said...

Have your tried RunnersWarehouse.com? Maybe try googling running clothes for tall men! I always google things and wind up with just what I want, good luck!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Pretty flower! My tall husband has found workout clothes at Academy and Sports Authority.

Heidi said...

My husband is almost 6'4" and also long in the limbs. He has a hard time finding long enough lengths is most clothes. We haven't tried pants (he prefers to run in shorts) but alot of Adidas clothing seems to fit his arms for length. Maybe give that a try.

J said...

For me it is best to run in the mornings because then i know I get the workout done and I feel good. Sometimes if I dont run in the mornings, then I miss the afternoon workout because I get stuck at work or I am unmotivated. On the weekends though it is hard to get up, and I always feel like I need a nap on Saturday afternoon!

Karen R said...

Beautiful flower from your yard! I am an expert at tall women's clothing (I am almost 6' tall) but I never thought long guys clothing would be hard to find. Sorry I can't be more help.

Good luck with your running schedule - sounds fun!

Velma said...

Love the hat!!! Maybe he could try target for gear?

ajh said...

Jameson is pretty tall and I have gotten him long sleeve shirts at Dicks and TJMax. Plus on line. Haven't gotten any tights. But he gets pants on line for longer fit.

MomRunningFromCancer said...

Don't know where you can find tall gear -

Are you a Packer fan? Being from WI - I am clearly a Packer fan.

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

my hubby is 6'7 and has had a lot of luck finding running gear at Reebok. They have an outlet near us, but I know their line is also available at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Anne said...

What a beautiful flower, I love the color.
I think switching your long run to Sunday might work...less rushed. Good job getting out there in the mornings :)

Jill said...

Nice job making it through the repeats on tired legs...and that flower in your yard is just really pretty!!!