- Monday double: treadmill 5k at 5am and 4 easy miles at 1:30pm. Lesson learned: I shouldn't try to run fast for short periods of time (or long periods of time for that matter) because I don't like the way it feels and I'm not good at it. Slow and steady is more my style.
- Tuesday speed: 5 x 800s. Not a great idea to do these today because my ITB was tight by the end of the 800s.
- Wednesday calm: rest, much needed rest!
- Thursday slow: 5 relaxing miles.
- Friday rest: sleep won out over the 4 miles I had planned.
- Saturday for family: no running. I did spend 90 minutes corralling (a.k.a. coaching) a group of 4 and 5 year olds who were playing soccer.
- Sunday misc: 7.1 mile run in the beautiful outdoors at 6am! It was a perfect 51F and cloudy when I set off. I was planning on 8 miles, but my ITB got really tight about mile 6 so I headed straight home. Then, I volunteered at a summer expo for the running club I'm part of.
- I finished Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen by Christopher McDougall. It is the best running book I've ever read.
- I'm working on God Never Blinks: 50 Lessons for Life's Little Detours by Regina Brett. This is an awesome book and I'm taking my time and savoring it. It is not a book to be rushed through.