Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Plugging Back In

Unplug week is finished!  Now it is time to catch up on-line.  My Google Reader is overfilled.  My e-mail accounts are full of e-mails, some important, some not.  Here are the highlights from the last week.


Running

  • Monday double:  treadmill 5k at 5am and 4 easy miles at 1:30pm.  Lesson learned:  I shouldn't try to run fast for short periods of time (or long periods of time for that matter) because I don't like the way it feels and I'm not good at it.  Slow and steady is more my style.
  • Tuesday speed:  5 x 800s.  Not a great idea to do these today because my ITB was tight by the end of the 800s.
  • Wednesday calm:  rest, much needed rest!
  • Thursday slow:  5 relaxing miles.
  • Friday rest:  sleep won out over the 4 miles I had planned.
  • Saturday for family:  no running.  I did spend 90 minutes corralling (a.k.a. coaching) a group of 4 and 5 year olds who were playing soccer.
  • Sunday misc:  7.1 mile run in the beautiful outdoors at 6am!  It was a perfect 51F and cloudy when I set off.  I was planning on 8 miles, but my ITB got really tight about mile 6 so I headed straight home.  Then, I volunteered at a summer expo for the running club I'm part of.  

Books



21 comments:

Running for Me said...

Sounds like you had a great week! I am currently reading Run Like a Mother. I have heard of the other two that you have and I might just have to read them as well. Hope you have a great week!

ajh said...

Congrats on making it through the week! We missed you.

Julie said...

Hi Suzy,
Welcome back! I am glad that you had a nice week to catch up on a few things and to relax a little! Reading a book is something that I have not been able to do since the winter. Good job on all of your runs too!

Molly said...

You had a busy week! I loved Born to Run, can't wait to read Run Like a Mother, and so happy you're enjoying God Never Blinks! I chose that for my book club next month...

: )

J said...

Glad you're back!! Looks like you have a lot of books there to read!

onelittletrigirl said...

Yeah you're back!!! :)

Born to Run is sitting on my desk waiting to be read. and I think that God Never Blinks book is what I need these days. I am in a funk and need some perspective. I think I will check it out.

Staci Dombroski said...

Way to go!!! It sounds like you had a busy week :) I hope you have a great one!

Katie @ Katie's Dailies said...

I can't wait to read Run Like a Mother! Glad you had a profitable week and some good runs!

LMC said...

Welcome back! It sounds like you had a nice week of running, reading and family time. I loved Born to Run and have passed it around to all my friends. BTW, great pic of you with the book, you have a great smile! Have a good week back!

Jill said...

Awesome running in there, way to go!! I think I'm one of few that was not totally enamored with Born to Run. Not bad but not over the top to me. And look for me throughout the RLAM book and on page 71 :). Have a great week!

shellyrm aka jogging stroller mama said...

Hey suzy! Glad to have you back.

I love your Saturday!

You will love Run like a Mother! I think God never Blinks looks like a good book. Review it when your done, I'd love to hear what you think.

Candice @ I Have Run said...

Sounds like a GREAT week of running! And I REALLY want the Run Like a Mother book. Be sure to let us know how it is!

JenLo said...

I just finished Run Like a Mother. Love it!~ I've looked over the other two you had on here, but haven't bought them yet. Maybe God never blinks will be my next.

I highly recommend the Non-Runner's guide to Marathon training. It's a hilarious running book!

PS--Missed you!

The Jogger Blogger said...

I'm going to have to track those books down myself!

The Happy Runner said...

Yay for a week of great running!

Hope you like RLAM -- I think you will. So much of it is just spot-on.

Badgergirl said...

Sounds like a great week. Welcome back!

Meg said...

I want to read all of those books, thanks for the ideas! I'm happy your back and nice job on the running too!

Karen R said...

Welcome back to bloggy world! i can't wait to start running again (I had surgery 2 weeks ago). Those books look like a great idea to read until I can actually run again! Today I WALKED 2 miles and got light-headed so running is still a ways off for me :(

Lisbet said...

I just came across your blog, and thought it was funny that you're reading God Never Blinks. I just bought that yesterday! I agree, it's something to be read slowly. I am trying to absorb it all bc she has greats lessons.

nickisnook.net said...

Hope you enjoyed your week off. I am not sure I could make it through that. I know my ISP would be unhappy at the email on their server waiting for me. LOL!

Katie said...

Welcome back Suzy! :)