Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

I love...

I love a lot of things about running.  Here are a few of the things I love and use (almost) every time I run.


My trusty red Sigg!  I love it.  It's too heavy to run outdoors with, but it is always next to the treadmill when I run inside.

My asics!  I love them and they (almost) never give me blisters.  I have a few pair of these and yet I still run outside in the new balances I complained about yesterday.

My running journal.  I love writing down all the extras - how I feel, slept, anything major going on in my life, time of day, if anything hurt.  I only put a little time into my journal, but it can tell me a lot about my running even though all you'll find about my actual runs are total distance (possibly splits if I'm in the mood) and how long it took.

Call me crazy, but I love my treadmill.  I run first thing in the morning and since ADP is out of the house before 5 a.m. I'm on the treadmill during the week.  You can see my computer right in front of the treadmill.  All I can say is thank goodness for hulu and instant watch on netflix (two more loves)!

My green ball...I sit on it for exercises, writing in my journal, stretching, crunches (which I haven't done in 2 months), and putting my shoes on.  I just wish it would stay blown up better.

My post run cup of earl grey tea!  Yummy in my tummy.  It doesn't hurt that I drink it out of Green Bay Packers mug.

This week's plan:
Monday:  5 miles (only did 4.24 miles)
Tuesday:  4-5 long hills (I still need to find a long hill)
Wednesday:  rest
Thursday:  6 miles
Friday:  4 miles a.m. / spinning p.m.
Saturday/Sunday:  treadmill 5K one day/rest one day

13 comments:

Jill said...

I love my treadmill, too..he and I were bff's this winter! In addition to your cool shoes, I love those socks, VERY fun!! Hope you have a great week, Suzy!!

Ewa said...

My running started on a treadmill but as I got better and started running outside I could not make myself run on a treadmill (with an exception for occasional intervals). Now that I am injured I would to anything to be able to run even on a treadmill. I guess I need to learn appreciate what I have.
BTW, I love my stability ball; I use it also at my desk for sitting.

onelittletrigirl said...

When I have a place big enough, if that ever happens, a treadmill is my first buy. I prefer outside but would love a treadmill in my house!

Judi said...

I love my asics too! Fun to read a little more about you! I like to keep a journal about my runs too. I like going back and rereading it especially when I am training for a big race.

Happy Monday - it looks like you have a great plan ahead.

ajh said...

I love this post! May have to copy the idea some time!
I love running in new places which is what comes to mind first. And my foam roller.....Hmm I could copy this!

Staci Dombroski said...

I love Netflix too!!! It is the best thing to have the movies show up in my mailbox without having to go to the store :)

KK @ Running Through Life said...

Yay for Sigg, yay for running, yay for asics, and yay for Green Bay Packers!!!!

Katie said...

I love my treadmill, too. It was a gift for me from my husband when our son was 3. That was 7 years ago, and it still runs like new!

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

That's some great stuff! I love your sigg bottle! We have one that's just green, but I would love to get one with a cool design on it.

I actually like the treadmill that we have too. It's definitely plays a major role in getting my training done! I don't know what I would do without it!

Anne said...

What a fun post :)

Julie said...

Hi Suzy,
I want your green ball! I also love the jounaling idea:)

I attempted to e-mail you today but I have always had issues e-mailing gmail. Maybe you could e-mail me? My e-mail is jkaiser4 at fairview.org

Have a good one Suzy!

Nicole Orriëns said...

Nice! I don't have any fuzzy feelings for my shoes. I find buying running shoes odd, because it's nothing like buying regular shoes.

There's no looking for the cutest ones, just a salesperson telling me which ones are best. Usually some shoes I wouldn't be caught dead in, in my mommy life!

http://www.momshomerun.blogspotcom

Katie said...

Hi Suzy! How do you like your smart wool socks? I bought the same exact pair yesterday :)