Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday Fanfare, 4.2


WOW!  It is wonderful to see all the new followers.  Please, please leave a comment so I know who you are.

This weekend is a slow one for races.  Many people are celebrating Easter and will be spending time with family and friends instead of running.  To those of you who are racing, good luck!  I can’t wait to read your race reports.

The saying I try to live by is “Love the life you live.”  This weekend, remember to take time for yourself and acknowledge all the great things about your life.  We all get bogged down, but there is always something to love and Easter weekend is a perfect weekend to remind yourself of all the things you love in your live.

Good luck to all the runners and racers this weekend.
  • JenLo is running the Inaugural NYC World Vision Half (her first half!!)
  • Courtney is running the Lincoln Memorial Half Marathon (she can’t wait to see the new Lincoln Library Museum)



GOOD LUCK!

My Friday Fanfare race calendar continues to fill up. Leave a comment if you want to be included and I’ll add you to my calendar. Also, don't forget to stop by the giveaways listed in the sidebar.


And a piece of good news:  the race director got back to me and strollers are allowed for the 5K walk and run!!  Off to add another race to my schedule.  

14 comments:

Courtney said...

Thanks for the well wishes! Have a wonderful Easter weekend!

gmontalvo13 said...

yeah for strollers!

onelittletrigirl said...

Yeah for the strollers- I cannot wait for those photos!!

The Jogger Blogger said...

I am one of your new followers and a new runner! I get inspired by reading your blog!

JenLo said...

Wish me luck! It is going to be a sauna tomorrow!

Julie said...

Woo hoo, add another race onto Suzy's schedule!! I hope that you and your family have a fantastic Easter!

Running Diva Mom said...

Hey Suzy: Thanks for your generous donation to GOTR and for supporting my journey! I really appreciate it. Good luck with the raffle!! :-)

Anne said...

Cool about the stroller :)
Have a great weekend!

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

Hooray for allowing the stroller! Have a great Easter weekend. :)

momto6 said...

Good luck to Jen and Courtney! Today is a beautiful day to run!!!

Suzy - I am heading to my second half next Sunday. I think I like these - LOL! Skunk Cabbage in Ithaca. Anyone else running it? There is a 10K at the same time.

ajh said...

I would love to meet you too and imagine it will happen at some point. Last year I ran the Delmar Dash and loved it. I think you are near there.But I am going away a week earlier this year because that is when our school vacation is. But I will watch your site for races and probably get over that way at some point. I have done Freihofer before. It is the weekend after the Vermont City Marathon so it depends on how I feel after the half. When I run the full marathon I have learned not to run too soon after as that is how I got my worst injury. Happy Easter!

LMC said...

Thanks for the reminder to appreciate the good things in our lives. It's too easy to forget to do that every day. Great news on the stroller. Hope you enjoy that 5K with the family!

JenLo said...

Glad to report...I made it! 2 hrs 22 min. I ran the whole way, so I was happy.

Wendy said...

Love that quote!