Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Brain Exchange, v. 3

Every week we get a new question on Jill's Monday Brain Exchange.  Visit her site (here) if you want more information or want to participate.


Topic: Training
Question: How do you train?  Do you use a schedule, have a coach or go with the flow?  Do you train alone or with group?
I'm a go-it-alone kind of gal.  I did spend a lot of time looking for a group the last time I started running but no group went as slow as I ran, so I ran alone.  I've just kept running alone ever since even though I've sped up since those days.
I use a schedule, usually from Cool Running, and work it to fit my life.  I'm not glued to the schedule because as we all know - life happens.  All my running is on the treadmill except for my weekend run and an occasional weekday run.  I've never had a coach or a group.  I'm not to the point that I want or need a coach, but a group would be good if I ever want to run more, a.k.a. farther or faster or both.  I've really liked running with  people through the Happy Runner's new runner's group, so I may have to look for people to run with in the future.
Shameless plug:  If you haven't made it over to Shut Up and Run to vote for ADP, head over there and vote for the guy in orange.  I know my hubby would greatly appreciate it.

3 comments:

Molly said...

I'm off to vote, that photo is pretty funny.

onelittletrigirl said...

Thanks again for linking and participating!

jillwillrun.com said...

If you do ever get the chance to run with a group, I highly recommend it! I was always scared I would be the slow one in the group when I first started, but given the right group everyone kind of divides off into their own paces and it's a great way to meet new friends!