Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1.  My PT gave my ITB a good rubdown last night.  Yes, I'm running with less pain.  Yes, it is good to know what is going "wrong."  No, I don't like the tired muscles all the time from the PT exercises.  My homework exercises were just starting to get easier and then my PT made them more challenging last night and added more exercises.  I know it is supposed to be this way, but I think a day off is due for my body to rest.

2. My run this morning was challenging.  I think it was hard because I finally slept well and didn't want to get up, my body is tired (see #1) and I just wasn't feeling it.  I finished, but not without a few stretching and water breaks.  This puts my week thus far at 19.93 miles which is far better than last week's total of 9.62 miles.  The great news in all this is I'm finally getting back to where I want to be with my mileage after dealing with cold after cold after cold!

3.  I love random information so I am going to share some with you.  I recently got a book off the shelf that I received from a friend a few years back.  I hadn't looked through it in a while and what good is a book if you are never going to look through it?  The Name's Familiar by Lee is an interesting book.  I have been glancing through it marking names I'd like to share with you…randomly.  I haven't found any related to running yet, but there are a lot of good names in the book.  So, to kick start this random sharing here's a little information about Cadbury in honor of Easter.

Cadbury, John
A young Quaker named John Cadbury opened a grocery in Birmingham, England, in 1842.  In 1831, he began selling bitter drinking chocolate and cocoa.  In those days, sweet chocolate confections were unknown.  In 1847, Cadbury was joined by his brother Benjamin to form a business called Cadbury Brothers of Birmingham.  About this time the pair started making some o the first "eating chocolate" in England.  Sweet chocolate quickly became a luxury of the rich.  In 1853, the Cadburys received a royal warrant to make chocolates for Queen Victoria.  Benjamin left the company in 1860 and a year later John Cadbury retired, leaving his sons Richard and George in charge of the business.  Over the year chocolate went from being a treat of the rich to a common sac.  In 1993, the United Kingdom ranked fifth in the world in chocolate consumption.  The British eat an average of 16.09 pounds of chocolate per person each year, and Cadbury dominates that market.  The company introduced its famous Cadbury Creme Egg in 1971 and entered the U.S. market in 1978.

13 comments:

Katie said...

I like the new blog look- very spring like! Get some rest- it sounds like you deserve it!

Lorian said...

Glad to see your are feeling better and good job getting up this morning even though your body and mind wanted to stay in bed!

Staci Dombroski said...

Glad you are doing better! I have been wanting to stay in bed too :-)

Julie said...

Hi Suzy,
Woo hoo, you are running with less pain!! I am glad to hear that things are looking up:)

Thanks for sharing the information on Cadbury:) Oh my gosh, it is almost Easter!!

Velma said...

Get some rest. I went to see the PT this week and for some reason it makes me extra tired. I had to take an extra rest day yesterday. Whew!

onelittletrigirl said...

Yeah for feeling better!

Hey, remember how you won my giveaway and then I became worst blogger ever and didn't send it- well, it is ready for takeoff, so it will be going out Saturday :)

Teamarcia said...

Glad you're keeping an eye on that ornery IT.
I actually lived in Birmingham England for a couple of years, frequented the Cadbury factory and packed on about a stone.

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

I hope your IT gets better soon! That's such a tricky injury!

Oh...I love Cadbury Eggs! Yumm! :)

ajh said...

Glad you are improving. Now I want some chocolate!

Ewa said...

I love the feeling on getting my mileage to 'normal' levels, whatever that means. Good job especially after injury.
Anybody mentioned chocolate?

Badgergirl said...

Random information! Love it! Keep the randomness coming!

Jill said...

I like your new blog look, very fun!! The random info is very cool, gotta keep that going! Hope you're feeling better soon! I was off for 3 weeks in the middle of training...err. Happy weekend!

Libby said...

Oh my gosh...I totally know what you are feeling with the pt. I've gone to PT before for my lower back butwas not sore or tired. I went for an evaluation on Tuesday for my hip and yesterday I had my first real PT exercises session. All I can say is owwww.....I still hurt really bad so I'm taking today off haha I hope it helps though for your IT band!