Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Three Things Thursday, 3.11

  1. I'm reading a running book (my second ever).  I'm not so much reading it as skimming it for any information that I might find useful.  This morning we went to the library and even though my library is relatively well stocked, this was the only running book available this morning.  So, during my skimming I've learned that I don't eat nearly enough protein.  I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian - I eat dairy products, honey and eggs.  To make things more complicated, I do occasionally eat fish, I don't eat soy (one of my kids is allergic), and I only eat eggs if they are baked into yummy food (breads, cakes, cookies).  So, I need to eat more protein.  And iron.  And less of that oh-so good sugary food.  My opinion on this:  no one's perfect.  (Image source)
  2. Last night ADP and I were sitting on the couch watching absolutely nothing (there is nothing on TV on Wednesday nights) and I turned to him and said "My a$$ hurts."  He looked at me and after a second he figured it out.  It probably would have been better for me to say "My gluteus-something hurts," but I didn't.  I had PT on Tues night and my rear still hurts today.  It is one of those good pains, but my word - I'm still feeling the effects of the exercises two days later.  And, as with all PT's I was sent home with homework to do.  How, exactly, am I supposed to do all these exercises when my rear already hurts?
  3. This morning's run was primarily to stretch out said tight muscles that I already mentioned (did you read #2?).  My glutes, hams, and hip flexors are all tight from PT.  The first mile was tight, the second and third felt good.  I hopped off the treadmill and did a series of PT stretches and then hopped back on the treadmill (apparently I like to hop).  Mile four and five were fine and then I started feeling things tighten up ever so slightly.  So, what did I do?  I sped up.  I finished 6 running on the treadmill this morning and while I feel good today and my legs have more movement than they did yesterday, I wonder if I'm going to pay for it tomorrow when I head back for more PT.  (Don't get me wrong - I may hurt but I love PT!!)

9 comments:

Jill said...

PT is always a love/hate relationship! Hope the ole glute's feeling better soon!

biz319 said...

I use www.caloriecount.com and I love it - but have discovered I am consistently low in iron - I may take a supplement.

Do you take any supplements?

I have plenty of protein - my husband likes meat for an appetizer, entree and dessert! :D

Staci Dombroski said...

I read that book when I first started to run. It was pretty good for some parts. I hope you have a great night!

Julie said...

Hi Suzy, Nice job on the six mile mill run:) Sorry to hear about the sore areas...just keep stretching and hopefull you will feel better. Tomorrow is Friday!!

Molly said...

I always try to remind myself that if it hurts, then it's working!

J said...

My library seems to be out of running books too! Its like everyone decided they needed to check all the running books out!! Hope your butt feels better soon! lol

Teamarcia said...

I think I actually have that book here somewhere...
Good running!

Badgergirl said...

Hope the tush is feeling better!

onelittletrigirl said...

Wed night TV- Modern Family! I only watch three shows and that is one of them!