Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Taking Advantage

ADP and I both took advantage of the sun and 50F weather this afternoon and went for a run.  Our runs were quite different.  ADP pushed the jogger and 90# of kids for 3.35 miles and still ran fast.  I took my time, took pictures, tromped through mud puddles, and ran 5.64 miles.

Here are Bugs and Punky before we left.  They are getting a little tall for the jogger, but they love riding along!  And one of ADP taking off for good measure.  We saw each other again after I'd run 1.2 miles and I tried to get another picture, but it just didn't work out.


I really like seeing all the pictures on your blogs, so I took some pictures on my run today.  Let me tell you, your running routes look so much more fun and interesting to run.  Once I left the subdivision I ran on Main Street, which has a few homes, a fire house, and a restaurant.  It looks a lot like this: 

Interesting, right?  Not really.

Once I finish running about a mile on Main Street I turn the corner and run on one of the few roads that has a sidewalk or running path along the 2 miles I run.  Good thing too because the cars go 55 mph down this road.  I misstepped a few times and landed in mud instead of puddles, but I'm no worse for the wear.  The first mile looks a lot like this (right next to the road):

And the second mile a lot like this (occasionally it has trees on both sides, but more importantly dry):

Then, I turn another corner and every run I have that is over four miles has this hill.  Note, you can't see the bottom or the top of the hill in this picture (or any picture I have) of the path.  I haven't run hills since last October and this one had me walking at the end while I caught my breath.

I was out for a relaxing run and I did it.  I went faster than planned, but I didn't know until I got home because I wasn't looking at my gamin at all.  This run put my week total at 25.57 miles.  

12 comments:

Jen said...

I love your pics!!!

Great mileage!!!

Molly said...

I love seeing where people run! Isn't it nice to have dry roads?!

LMC said...

Hi Suzy,
This is my first visit to your blog. I appreciate your comments welcoming new readers and followers. So, I decided to leave a comment. I love the pix of your running routes. It's always nice to see the variety of routes where folks run. Thanks for sharing. Have a great week!

Darlene said...

Nice pics. Where do you live? I live in Delmar. I couldn't resist a short run today. Spring was in the air.

ajh said...

I love seeing pictures too. Thanks for putting some. I have started taking pics more often since blogging. It's fun. Have a good week!

saundra said...

I really enjoyed your pics. It sounds like a nice day and an equally nice run.

ajh said...

Where do you live that you can see the Green Mountains? I hope I meet up with you at a race sometime. Last year I did the Delmar Dash but I am gone this year that weekend. The mountain in my pictures is Mt. Abraham.

Badgergirl said...

Thanks for the photo journey of your route! I'll have to do that sometime.

MCM Mama said...

Great pictures! I love it when people post pics of their running routes/lives.

JenLo said...

I like seeing where you run--it looks very similar to my area. I did my first 10-miler yeserday--woo hoo!

onelittletrigirl said...

I am a big fan of photos!!! And yeah for warm weather (although, I know you like the cold) because I need some sun in my life!

J said...

I love your pictures! Yesterday was such a nice day out for a run! Great job!