Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Monday Brain Exchange, 1

Check it out:  Monday Brain Exchange (I'm a day late...but better late than never!)

Question:  What/Who influenced you to start a blog?  Where did you get your blog title?  How long have you been blogging?

I had a website for family and friends when the kids were little.  When it got to be more than I wanted to deal with I switched to blogging.  I still keep a family oriented blog so I can put up pictures fo the kids and keep far away family in the loop as to what we are up to.  So, when I decided to train for a half-marathon I figured a great way to track my progress what to blog.  I already kept a running journal, but it is all numbers and not what I was looking for – what I wanted was blogging. 

I have no idea how I came up with the name.  I tried out a few on a piece of paper and realized that all my running is for me, on my time, and usually alone so “Running on My Time” was born.

I’ve been blogging here since 7/27/09.  I’ve been apart of the bloggy world a few years longer.

7 comments:

onelittletrigirl said...

Thanks for playing along :)

I love finding out how everyone got started!

Molly said...

I love reading posts like this.

The name of my blog came about by using my maiden name, and married name. Funny how I like to Bake, and Sleep!

akjenniekt said...

I think the main reason I started mine was for accountability. I had tried to start running and lose weight before but it never stuck. It's not that I expected a lot of people to read it, it was more that the possibility that people COULD read would keep me on track.

I don't know why I chose the name I did "learning to run"- I mean I technically know how to run I guess I meant it more as learning to become a runner...

Lorian said...

I have been blogging on and off for a couple of years. I also started with a family blog so I could share pics of the kids. Then I wanted a blog that was a little more specific in scope so I decided to start the running blog.

I came up with the blog title by just playing with words. I knew I wanted "run" in the title. I also wanted something dealing with sanity. My title is a little longer than I wanted, but it works.

ajh said...

I do enjoy these. I should do this too.

LMC said...

Thanks for sharing your story and the link. I'll have to catch the next question. Have a great week!

Anne said...

I really like your blog title :) Thanks for sharing...