Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday Fanfare, 3.26

Welcome to all the new followers!!  I am very excited to see new people here.  Please leave me a comment so I know to stop by your blog and say hi.

My latest running related books is the Daniels' Running Formula by Jack Daniels.   I'm not far, but I love the point he makes on p. 179:
Run with your head the first two thirds of a race and with your heart the final third.

Good luck to all the runners and racers this weekend.
  • Tim is running the Oakland Marathon (first since becoming a parent)
  • Stephanie is running the Ocean Drive Marathon (3rd marathon in March)
  • AJH is running the Rae Vermont Spring Fling 10K (she got a PR last weekend running a 5K)
  • Darlene is running the Metroland Championships 5K Run Against Child Obesity (she runs for lots of causes)
  • Amanda and Andy are running The Great Race of Agoura Hills 5K (if you want to read about great food - visit their site)

GOOD LUCK!

My Friday Fanfare race calendar continues to fill up. Leave a comment if you want to be included and I’ll add you to my calendar. Also, don't forget to stop by the giveaways listed in the sidebar (including my Starbucks gift card giveaway).

6 comments:

Julie said...

Good Luck to all the runners this weekend!! I have yet to read any books about training for marathons....I need to start looking at a few:) Suzy I hope that you have a fantastic weekend!

momto6 said...

Good luck to everyone running this weekend!

Courtney said...

Hi there! My name is Courtney and I'd love to be added to your calendar. I'm running the Lincoln Memorial Half Marathon on April 3rd and the Chicago Spring Half Marathon on May 16th. My blog is www.runcourtrun.com

LMC said...

I love that quote from Daniel's Running Formula. I have not read that book yet. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend. Good luck to all the runners this weekend!

ajh said...

Is the book about racing in general or specifically about marathons? I got a PR for the year BTW. I do new PRs each year as it makes it more fun. It wasn't an all time PR.

ajh said...

And thanks for the shout out!