Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday Fanfare, 3.19

Welcome to all the new followers!!  I am very excited to see new people here.  Please leave me a comment so I know to stop by your blog and say hi.


I have finished "reading" Runner's World Complete Book of Running and have come across one more great quote to share. 

The Zen-Tao Approach:  “Winning at racing, as in life, is an inner journey without a destination.” And, “You have within you, right now, all that you need to achieve your realistic goals in running.”  p. 180
Every single person has the ability to achieve their goals.  I believe this quote goes far beyond running and can be applied to all of life.


Good luck to all the runners and racers this weekend.
  • Candice is running the Spectrum 10K (she just got back from vacationing in Hawaii!)
  • Denise is running the Shamrock Marathon (plans on finishing with a smile)
  • Julie is running the Get Lucky! 7K (I'm curious, why is it 7K?)
  • Mel is running the Mercer Island Half Marathon (there is a whole group of bloggies running, isn't it cool)
  • Velma is running the Quivering Quads Trail Half (OK, I think she's running)
  • Stephanie is running the Bataan Death March (her first race in a new age division)
  • AJH is running the Shamrock Shuffle 5K (have fun with the shorter distance)
My Friday Fanfare race calendar continues to fill up. Leave a comment if you want to be included and I’ll add you to my calendar. Also, don't forget to stop by the giveaways listed in the sidebar.

6 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Suzy,
I love that quote:) Good luck to everyone this weekend!! Happy Friday Suzy:)

KK @ Running Through Life said...

Suzy, Awesome quote! Great perspective! Thank you so much for posting it and reminding me to think in those terms!!!

Good luck racers!!

ajh said...

Thanks for the mention! Have a great weekend!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Thank you for the link love :)

rkswaney said...

Thanks Suzy! Your blog has been an inspiration to me this past week - just started running and have a long way to go. I am training for my first 5k. I love the quote!

runningforgood said...

I'm doing a Bondi Band Giveaway until 4/4 If you can list it that would be awesome!

http://runningforgood.wordpress.com/2010/03/22/bondi-band-review-and-giveaway/