Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

An Exciting Run

This weekend was a busy one!  I had emotional highs and lows.  Thankfully, the lows included some laughter (Sparkle our goldfish died - so sad - and then ADP didn't think Sparkle made it all the way down so there was multiple flushing involved leaving ADP and I laughing).  There were emotional highs, which of course included running.


Today was the first run for Felice's new runners running group.  Since I love running so much I offered to help if she needed it.  Low and behold, Amanda also had the same idea.  The pink ladies from the marathon relay were back together!  


I showed up early and ran two miles before meeting up with the others.  Once everyone arrived, we did introductions, answered some questions and split into two groups.  Felice decided to split us into a run-run group and a run-walk group.  Felice went with the run-walk group.  Amanda and I went with Melissa (who practically has a newborn and is getting back to running) and Darlene for the run-run group.  It was lots of fun to run with Melissa, Darlene and Amanda!  I need to remember to run with people a lot more often because time flies by.


Here are the splits:
Miles 1 & 2 by myself:  9:16 & 9:01
Miles 3, 4, 4.5 with others, aiming for ~10 min mile:  10:13, 10:24, 5:24 (=10:26)


The run-run group finished just a few minutes before the run-walk group.  We did a little informal stretching and asked a random person to take our picture.


Bridget, Janis, Jen, me, Darlene, Amanda, Melissa, Suzy
There was a chance of rain so I tried out my new Hammer Nutrition Headsweats Visor today.  It didn't rain and the visor worked well.

When we finished some of the group went to Starbucks!  It was fun to get to know the new runners a little more.  I was reminded once again that it is a small world because there is a chance I may see four of them this week at the kids consignment sale I'm participating in.

Today's run brings my March mileage to 53.7 miles!  I'm on my way to another 100 mile month.  

15 comments:

Meg said...

How fun starting up a new group, that sounds so motivating. I'm glad you had a good time.

LMC said...

Love the goldfish story. Is that bad? :)
Great picture of your running group. You're right about how time seems to go by faster when you run with a group.
BTW, thanks for sharing advice from the Complete Book of Running.
Have a great week!

The Happy Runner said...

It was great! Thanks for coming and leading the run/run! Can't wait for the next group run -- and I'll look for you on Tues.

The Happy Runner said...

And I stole your pic. Hope you don't mind :-)

Darlene said...

I stole your pic too. It was so nice to meet the bloggers face-to-face and I really enjoyed new runners' enthusiasm.

ajh said...

What fun running with all those people! The group sounds great.

Emily said...

How fun! I love the group runs...almost as much as I love the post-group run refreshments! Starbucks sounds like the perfect post-workout treat!

Molly said...

love the group photo! It's cool to see fellow bloggers get together for a run! Are you doing the Boilermaker this year?

thanks for your comment on my last post. : )

Anne said...

Those are good times for new runners...looks like a lot of fun and I like the idea of Starbucks after :)

Badgergirl said...

Sounds like the running group was fun!

Julie said...

Hi Suzy,
I think running with a group is so fun:) Not only do you get in a good run...there is also the social aspect of it:) It looks like you had a nice time:) Great picture!

J said...

Sounds like so much fun! And going to Starbucks after! So lucky!!

JenLo said...

That sounds SO fun! I would love running with a group of girls!

Staci Dombroski said...

Looks like so much fun!!!

onelittletrigirl said...

I love the whole running group thing...without my team, I would probably not train as much...the support is great!

I sent your package...hope it arrived (or arrives) safely!