Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Ups and Downs

This week has had some good and some bad.  Nothing terrible, but it still had more downs than I like.  I’m trying to make the best of it.

Down:  I’ve been exhausted all week.  I tend to get this way when I have something big coming up (see next Up).
Up: We had a great Fancy Nancy Birthday Party for Punky’s fifth birthday.

Down:  My stomach bug apparently isn’t gone. 
Up:  I have been drinking lots of water to stay hydrated.

Down:  I only ran ~9 miles last week (see previous two downs for reasoning).
Up:  I have 8 planned for tomorrow, so I’ll do better this week.

Down:  I am way behind on my Google Reader.
Up:  I’m way behind because my new computer arrived and I’ve been figuring out how to use it.

Down:  ADP is traveling.
Up:  I plan on getting lots of miles in tomorrow, lots of sleep every night (I’m always tired after being a solo parent so I crash early), and will consume a little extra wine while he’s away.

Down:  My muscles hurt.
Up:  I don’t have ITB syndrome!  I have a weak left hip so the PT is working with me to help strengthen it.  And, while we are at it I have a bunch of core exercises to do with some push-ups added in for good measure.  

16 comments:

Ewa said...

Being a single parent even for a few days sucks. There, I've said it. (I will be one till almost the end of March!)
Now it is so good you see up sides. Often I am looking for them in vain.
Hope your stomach bug just goes away.
Have a great running week.

Molly said...

ugh, you must have the bug my son had, he was sick for 5 days....but good news about your ITB! hope everything else gets squared away for you this week.

thanks for posting my giveaway!

MCM Mama said...

Feel better soon and hope you have good week, despite single parenting.

Darlene said...

Hope you feel better soon.

ajh said...

Love how you see the pluses and minuses. Feel better soon and have fun on that 8 miler.

Julie said...

Hi Suzy,
I am sorry to hear that you are still not feeling totally better. Take care of yourself...get plenty of rest and keep drinking that water:) Keep smiling and stay positive!!

J said...

WEll that is good news you dont have ITB problems! Weak hips are easy to fix - thats why I went to the PT and I ssaw improvement very quickly! Hope you feel better soon and have a better week!

Katie said...

Yay for not having ITB syndrome! I hope that your long run goes well!

Meg said...

I'm sure your hip will improve with your PT's help. It's been working for me!
I hope this week goes well for you and that you feel back to normal and energetic soon!
Have a nice week,
meg

saundra said...

"Booo" for lingering stomach bugs
"Yay" for no ITB issues and some extra wine!

I hate to hear you had a bad week but thank goodness for those silver lining!

Hang in there and I hope you have a great week this week.

JenLo said...

Hang in there! I hate it when my hubby travels too--it is exhausting! Glad your ITB isn't the problem and hopefully your stomach will be back to normal soon!

onelittletrigirl said...

I hate when weeks have more downs than ups- hope this one is better!

Velma said...

Feel Better!!!

Tim F said...

Hope you feel better soon and good luck on your 8 mile rule.

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Hoping this week is full of more Ups!

Badgergirl said...

People have been blogging like crazy lately. I'm super far behind as well!