Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Stubbornness Aside

Thursday was a teaser; I could almost breathe through my nose (both nostrils) for part of the day. It wasn’t meant to last because by Friday morning I felt worse. Saturday morning I did manage to muddle through a four mile run on the treadmill, but it was almost torturous. Sunday I was even worse off so I put my stubbornness aside and went to the doctor. I have my first sinus infection of 2010. If previous years are any indicator then I have three more to go this year. Armed with ibuprofen (for the headache) and amoxicillin (for the infection) I settled down to watch the Daytona 500. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – NASCAR is merely a Sunday substitute until it is warm enough to dig in the gardens which tides me over until football starts again.

Fast forward 19 hours to Monday morning, 5:20 a.m. I wasn’t sure what to expect this morning when I got the treadmill and I certainly wasn’t expecting to run my best run in over two weeks. It felt great to run a strong 6.25 miles this morning. My run certainly eased some of my anxiousness about my leg of the race this weekend. I plan to be back at 100% by the time I need to run 9.2 miles on Sunday morning.

This week:
Monday: 6 miles (done, 6.44 mi w/cool down)
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: 6 miles
Thursday: rest
Friday: 4 miles
Saturday: rest
Sunday: 3-Person Marathon Relay, 9.2 mile leg

16 comments:

saundra said...

Sinus infections are abundant! Glad you're feeling better.

Julie said...

Hi Suzy,
Good job on your six mile treadmill run:) Wow, you even got up pretty darn early...good for you:) Keep up the awesome work! I am resting today but back at it tomorrow. You have just a few days until your relay...that's excititng:)

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Your training plan for the week looks good. Hope you're breathing easier on race day!

Velma said...

I hope you feel better - the relay sounds like so much fun!

Darlene said...

Good luck in the relay - I'll be rooting for you. Though I've never met you guys, I feel like I know you from your blogs.

ajh said...

Hope you're up and "running" by the time of your race! Heal fast!

Teamarcia said...

I hope that sinus infection is long gone before Sunday! Are you a gardener? Be still my heart!

Anne said...

Sinus infections are no fun...but, by the sounds of your awesome 6 miles, seems like you're doing much better :) Good luck on the relay!

Badgergirl said...

Hope the sinus infection goes away soon!

Meg said...

Yum! We had your chicken soup tonight and it was wonderful! I loved the leeks, a different addition. Thanks for sharing!

Sherri said...

Early treadmill run....good job!

Manderz said...

Sinus infections are the worst. I hope you are feeling better! See you sunday!

shellyrm aka jogging stroller mama said...

It seems like everyone is sick. Must be the weather.

Glad you are feeling(breathing) better! :-)

Katie said...

Yikes, I hope you feel better soon! I'm excited for your race this weekend!

Candice @ I Have Run said...

Hope you feel better for the relay! Can't wait to hear about it!

prashant said...

I hope you feel better - the relay sounds like so much fun!

Work From Home