Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

A Little Shopping

Completing the Winter Race Series successfully helped me decide I needed to reward myself. I didn’t feel like going shopping (it isn’t my favorite activity), but I managed to make it to JC Penney to buy a few things. I started by getting some things for the kids because I always get things for the kids. Then I hit the shoe section. Next fall I’ll be student teaching and I need some suitable brown shoes to wear to work; I found some that will work fine. Then, I was on to treating myself. I found a pair of knee high brown leather boots that fit perfectly! I just had to have them. Thank goodness they were on sale.

My new shoes are tucked away because I have no where to go today. Actually, I don’t have a lot of extra things to do this week so I don’t know if they’ll come out of the closet or not. It is good to have an easy week because I’m still not over this cold. So, my goal this week is to feel better. I tried running this morning and didn’t even have the energy to finish four miles. When that happens I know it is time to step back, hydrate, sleep, and take good care of me. On top of getting better there will be lots of stretching. During yesterday’s race my ITB started hurting a little. I need it to be in good form because in less than two weeks I’ll be participating in a 3-person relay.

What have you done to treat yourself lately?

9 comments:

Staci Dombroski said...

I have not done anything! That is one thing I struggle with, I need to treat myself more!

Julie said...

Hi Suzy,
I love shopping and you know, I have actually gone shopping after a race!! You deserved it!! Wow, your brown boots sound awesome! I have a pair of black ones that go up to my knees:) My hubby calls them my hooker boots!! They are really flattering because they make you look taller and thinner!! I love them:)

I treated myself to a post race massage a few weeks ago!! Have a great week Suzy!!

shellyrm aka jogging stroller mama said...

What have I done for myself? Train train train. My race if March 6th. I will reward my self after I finish.

ajh said...

Well, you know I treated myself to shopping after my race. I feel evenings are a treat just to sit and relax, read, blog, snack, watch tv with my hubby. I try very hard not to do schoolwork in the evenings. That is my treat! Feel better soon.

ajh said...

I meant to ask you. Where and how long is your 3 person relay?

Tricia said...

the boots sound great!

onelittletrigirl said...

I almost never treat myself because I can never justify the money (I never have a problem spending on others, just myself it seems) but I am taking some extra money with me to Florida so I can have the exact good time I want!

Enjoy the new shoes :) New shoes are the best!

Wendy said...

3 person relay sounds like fun!

Molly said...

I haven't treated myself in a while, although I plan to use some birthday $ towards a massage, I reeeaallly need one.