Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Planning My Week

This week’s exercising was a little hard to plan for unknown reasons. Nothing too out of the ordinary, but together they all added up to not wanting to get up and run. I loved my run on Monday through the snow, slush and puddles. Monday also marked the day a tension headache showed up – and it hasn’t gone away since. I have lots going on in the next couple months but not so much I should have a tension headache. It is just one more thing to deal with this week.

Though my headache bugged me all night and tired body didn’t want to move this morning I managed to get out of bed and finish 6.36 miles on the treadmill this morning. It’s done and I’m glad I did it. Now, if my head would feel better!

The good news is that I think I have ADP talked into going to the Winter Series Race this weekend. The race is free for members of our running club (he’s a member). There is a kids’ activity table and a couple of members who will watch the kids (once again, free). The challenge is that it is winter in upstate NY and ADP isn’t a fan of running outside when it is below 50F. We prefer opposite seasons; I love winter and he loves summer. And yet, we manage to somehow get along. I hope he goes and I hope he runs all 3 miles well. No pressure on ADP, but based on the last few races he as a chance to come in the top two for his age group. Of course, this is just for fun so I’ll put no pressure on him. I just want him to come along to see what I’ve been up to and hope that he has fun while he’s there.

8 comments:

Staci Dombroski said...

Great job on still going for the run!!!

onelittletrigirl said...

Way to push through!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE summer!!!

Jill said...

That's cool that ADP is going to do the series, will be fun, right!!??!!
I hope your head feels better soon. And yeah, I have used a neti pot and it doesn't seem to want to do the trick. Something's gotta be out there to fix me?? Thanks for the advice, maybe I just need to start using it and try again!

Badgergirl said...

I hope the head is feeling better! Must be the week for headaches to invade - I've been battling one all week myself.

Have fun at the race this weekend! I hope ADP has fun!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Thanks for the X words!! Now I just need a dictionary :)

Hope you are feeling better. Wow more FREE races! Love it..

candlerun (htabby) said...

Hope the headache leaves soon...

ajh said...

Hope your headache goes away!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Hope you're feeling better and have a great weekend!