Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

No Explosions

This year started out well and then it hit me, the cold that everyone else in the family had already suffered through. By Monday afternoon I could barely breathe through my nose. Tuesday morning I lost my appetite. By Tuesday late afternoon I couldn’t keep my eyes open and went to bed without even trying to eat dinner and slept for 12 hours. All day Wednesday I felt like my head was going to explode – it didn’t! Aren’t you glad I’m still here? (Rhetorical question people.) Another long night of sleep on Wednesday night helped because I started to feel little bit more like a live person on Thursday. (Do you like the play-by-play of my cold?) Friday morning I woke up early and went for a run on the treadmill. It was painful – my throat was raw although I did make it ~3 miles.

Since my run Friday morning wasn’t a walk in the park and my head was still pounding most of the day, I decided to contact Sunday’s volunteer coordinator for the race I was planning on running. The coordinator doesn’t know where they need help, but she is going to find something for me to do. So, instead of racing 3 miles, I’ll be helping where I’m needed.

15 comments:

Jon said...

feel better!

ESH said...

make sure you rest! good call on the volunteering instead of racing.

sam said...

Oh man suzy! I hope you feel better asap!! I don't want your head exploding!

bummer about the race but good thinking on volunteering!!

ps your gnu bars are in route. mailed them wednesday! let me know when you get them!

Velma said...

I hope you are on the mend!

HEATHER @ runfastermommy! said...

get well soon!

ajh said...

It sounds like volunteering at the race is a good call. Aren't you good to volunteer rather than just staying in bed!

ajh said...

I"m looking at your sidebar and noticing Freihopher Women's 5K. I have run that a few times and really enjoyed it although I have not run it in a few years. I love all women races. This fall I ran All Women and One Lucky Guy in York Maine half marathon. It was a great race, extremely scenic and we lucked out with perfect weather.

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Volunteering will be fun if you're feeling okay, but bundle up! It's so cold everywhere!

The Happy Runner said...

Nuts! Sorry you're not feeling better :-( You're so good to volunteer.

I am still planning to run, although the race time temps have me nervous! See you tomorrow.

onelittletrigirl said...

ouch- sorry your not feeling well. I have been sick about 7 days and today is the first day I would say I felt good. I hope you get better quickly and good job listening to your body!

runninaround said...

thank you so much for your congrats! It was such an amazing experience!

Teamarcia said...

Ugh so sorry you're not feeling well. You are the BEST for volunteering, especially while under the weather!

Becca said...

Oh Suzy,

So sorry you arent feeling well. Gosh I just hate that, and then I get so antzy when I cant run. BUT!!! you are awesome doing volunteer work instead, way to rock it!

Becca

ajh said...

I did Delmar Dash last year and really liked it. Have you done it? It is very flat and I felt like a good time which is enough to send me back. Plus I did some post race shopping which is also a great motivator to get me out the door. Thanks for the comments!

Badgergirl said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well! I hope your cold doesn't do what mine did, go away for a few days and then come back and take up residence in your chest. Grr.

Nice job opting to volunteer instead of run!

Feel better soon!